The SQL Tester is an interactive Query Tool (add-in) for retrieving data and displaying it on the screen in an ad hoc basis from almost all kinds of databases. The output can be placed in worksheets and added to workbooks VBA projects. It also allows you to: Copy the displayed data into a worksheet including connection-string and query-string Create dynamic queries where the data can be updated on a regular basis. Insert a complete VBA-procedure which is based on the query and the database-connection. Easily create queries by selecting keywords, names of tables and columns from user-friendly forms.
It also allows you to:
- Copy the displayed data into a worksheet including connection-string and query-string
- Create dynamic queries where the data can be updated on a regular basis.
- Insert a complete VBA-procedure which is based on the query and the database-connection.
- Easily create queries by selecting keywords, names of tables and columns from user-friendly forms.
- Create, test and export the queries to the clipboard or to text files.
- Import queries from text files and have them executed.
- Work with disconnected records.
- Get more accurate and higher quality of the retrieved data compared to MS Query.
- An extensive help file is available.
- The best part is that You are not bound to the databases tools & windows!
SQL Tester has successfully been tested with the following databases:
- Dbase version V and version VI
- Domino / Lotus Notes databases 5.x (Require NotesSQL ODBC Driver)
- Microsoft Access version 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 (extensively)
- Microsoft Excel version 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 (extensively)
- Microsoft SQL 6.5, 7.0 and Server 2000 SP-3 (extensively)
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database
- Mimer SQL 9 (Windows version)
- MySQL version 3.23.57 and 4.0.14 (For best performance use 4.0 or above.)
- Oracle version 8i and 9i (Oracle's OLE DB Provider highly recommended)
- Pervasive .SQL V8
- SAP DB 7.4.03.30 (Free Open Source Database from SAP)
- SQL Anywhere Studio Base
- SQLBase 8.5
SQL Tester has not been tested with the following databases from IBM but it is possible to retrieve data from them by using the appropriated providers.
IBM have developed their own add-in for MS Excel, IBM Office Connect,
but this is only available via the Toolbox subscription and the subscription
cost 10 times more then SQL Tester!
Following articles about using ADO with the DB2 OLE DB Provider are recommended to take part of:
Following providers should be used:
- For DB2 it is recommended to use the IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2.
- For Informix use the OLE DB Provider for Informix or the ODBC-driver Informix.
- Informix Client Software Development kit (CSDK)
If You are running AS/400 DB2 you may use the Microsoft OLE DB Provider
for AS/400 and VSAM. The provider is bundled with the Microsoft Host Integration
Server client software. Please visit the site for
Host Integration Server
for more details.
SQL Tester have not been explicit tested with SCALA or SAP but both system use common databases such as MS SQL Server and Oracle. Therefore it is possible to retrieve data via the specific OLE DB Provider for each database type.
You should include:
If the problems refer to SQL Tester a new updated version will be made available for download as soon as possible and an e-mail will be sent to all registered users.
See Screen Shots SQL Tester $33.00 Secure Payment Options The present version of SQL Tester does not support Excel 2007. Free upgrades to those that purchase!
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
See Also: Access to SQL | SQL to Access | Excel to SQL | Excel SQL Tester | SQL to Excel | Oracle to SQL | SQL to Oracle | SQL to MySQL | MySQL to SQL
Special ! Free Choice of Complete Excel Training Course OR Excel Add-ins Collection on all purchases totaling over $70.00. ALL purchases totaling over $150.00 gets you BOTH! Purchases MUST be made via this site. Send payment proof to [email protected] 31 days after purchase date.
Instant Download and Money Back Guarantee on Most Software
Excel Trader Package Technical Analysis in Excel With $139.00 of FREE software!
Microsoft ® and Microsoft Excel ® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. OzGrid is in no way associated with Microsoft
GIVE YOURSELF OR YOUR COMPANY 24/7 MICROSOFT EXCEL SUPPORT & QUESTIONS