Posts by abaker77

I have data in the range A1:B100

Separately, In the range E1:G500, I have an Excel table - all 3 columns (E,F,G) are determined by formula.

The formula in E1 = if(A1="","",A1), therefore, my table has data in E1:G100, because there is data in A1:A100.

Now when I add more data, i.e. A101:B101, my Excel table in E-G does not auto-expand, even though there is now data in E101:G101.

(Yes, I have the auto-correct options all set properly.)

The green marker signifying the "end" of the table is on cell G100.

The problem I think, is that data is not manually added to the table in E-G; it is added only by virtue of formulas, dependent on whether or not cols A-B have data.

Is there a way to force my Excel table in E-G to auto-expand properly in this scenario?

I know I could simply resize my table to E1:G500 but that will cause issues with charts based on that table, i.e. there would be nearly 400 blank rows in that case.

Thank you so much!

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Hello,

This one has me stumped, and I'm not easily stumped.

I have a simple column of dates; some dates are duplicated, some are not.

What I want is to be able to highlight only the duplicated dates, in alternating fashion.

You might think that Conditional Formatting already provides this - just go to Highlight Duplicates.

But that will not achieve the objective since I don't want all the duplicated dates highlighted in one color.

I want one color to highlight the first group of duplicated dates, a second color to highlight the next group of duplicated dates, then back to the 1st color for the next group, etc. An easy illustration is attached.

Thank you !

Files

Re: Force Specific Ribbon Tab Upon Opening Workbook

I appreciate the links to clever VBA code and ribbon design tools etc. As a strong believer in the KISS principle, I'm just going to educate my users to click their mouse on the Add-Ins tab and then they will see their menu.
    Thanks to all !
    - Al ;)

Using Excel 2007, it seems that whenever a workbook is first opened, it always displays the Home tab on the ribbon. If a user wanted to go to a different tab, say, Insert, View, or Add-Ins, they would have to click those in order to display that particular tab.

Is it possible to open a workbook and have it automatically display a tab other than the Home tab? To be specific, I need a workbook to automatically open the Add-Ins tab as soon as it is opened.

Thanks!

- Al

From this link: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/custom-menus.htm
    there is some clever code to create a customized menu in a dynamic Add-Ins section of the Excel ribbon; this section disappears when the workbook is deactivated and re-appears when it is activated. The custom menu has 2 main items each of which can launch a macro. There is also a 3rd main item called "Next Menu" which cascades nicely to a sub-menu. That sub-menu can have several items of its own. Very cool code.

However, I am trying to add a 4th item in the main menu, say, "Next Menu2" which also cascades to a sub-menu. The problem I'm having is when I try to replicate this code to accomplish this, "Next Menu2" appears in the sub-menu of "Next Menu", rather than as a separate (4th) main item below "Next Menu".

I believe there was another post (not sure of the date, but has since expired) which asked basically the same question as mine. There was a reply with code saying "This should work" but when I tried it, it didn't help.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. are most welcome and appreciated !

Thanks!
    - A