Posts by GoCavs

Hi...I am looking for a formulas in cells B2:E4 that will extract a number from Column A based on a text match from the column header. The trick is that the number is to the left of the text match. Below is an example what I'm looking to accomplish. Let me know if you have any ?'s. Thanks in advance for your help. 10% pre-pay sent via PayPal.

[TABLE="width: 697"]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: left"]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Col A

[/td]

[td]

Col B

[/td]

[td]

Col C

[/td]

[td]

Col D

[/td]

[td]

Col E

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Row 1

[/td]

[td]

Splits

[/td]

[td]

EMEA-EI

[/td]

[td]

EMEA-FAS

[/td]

[td]

EMEA-IMS

[/td]

[td]

EMEA-TRS

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Row 2

[/td]

[td]

100.00 [EMEA-FAS]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Row 3

[/td]

[td]

50.00 [EMEA-EI]; 50.00 [EMEA-IMS]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Row 4

[/td]

[td]

50.00 [EMEA-EI]; 25.00 [EMEA-FAS]; 25.00 [EMEA-TRS]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Re: $20 USD: Add yes/no message box to code

Thank you cytop! I'm sorry, I only ever used PayPal for payments on this site. Appreciate the beer money and I am going to a charity fundraiser this weekend and will donate the $8 plus much more there.

I am lookking to add a yes/no message to box to the following piece of code that I have. I tried a few things but could not get to work. I would like the user prompt to ask the following ? ---> "Would you like to copy the date to column Cozgrid.com/forum/core/index.php?attachment/67422/?". Then if "Yes" is selected, run the following macro. If "No", end the subroutine.

Code
    1. Sub CopyData()Dim a As Integer
    2. a = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    3. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B5:B" & a).Copy
    4. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C5").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    5. End Sub

Re: $25 USD: Hide columns if cells "contain" specific text

One more question. In my sheet I have some column groupings. Is it possible to add some code that will close all column groupings as well after the columns are hidden? The macro seems to open all groupings after running. Thanks!!!

Re: $25 USD: Hide columns if cells "contain" specific text

After thinking about this, I would like to revise and add the some criteria. I would like this macro to run on columns A to FW only. And I would like the macro to UN-HIDE any column in in ROW 1 that CONTAINS the word "Main" in a cell and HIDE the columns that DO NOT CONTAIN the word "Main". So in this example, columns A, C and D will be visible and B and all other columns without "Main" will be HIDDEN.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_grid, width: 500, align: center"]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: center"]A[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]B[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]C[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]D[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Main

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Main; USD

[/td]

[td]

Main; USD; Trend

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Let me know if you have any ?'s

I am looking for a macro that will hide columns in a sheet if cells in Row 1 contain specific text. For example, if ROW 1 has a cell which CONTAINS the word "Main", I would like to the macro to hide the column. There may be other text in cell separated by semicolons. In the table below, I would like columns A, C and D to be hidden.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[TD="align: center"]A[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]B[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]C[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]D[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Main

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]

Main; USD

[/td]

[td]

Main; USD; Trend

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Pre-payment has been sent.

I had help with this request before on these forums last year --> http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190852 . Since then I have made some adjustments to files and now the macro keeps failing and I can't seem to figure out why. The macro name that needs looked at is FinalFormatting() located in Module2.

I am looking for a macro that will do some formatting clean up to some tabs in a excel files used for annual review feedback. The tabs contain rows with merged cells (I realize that that these should be avoided but I inherited the file and am trying to help out) and much of the data is copied and pasted into cells from other sources (word docs, e-mails, other excel files). During the annual review process there are over 140 of these files that are completed and administrators need to review and clean-up and fix any formatting issues so it looks good for printing purposes. I am looking for a macro that the admin can run to do the clean-up formatting that will accomplish 2 tasks on the following files/tabs:

2015 PR FEEDBACK Annual Feedback Summary:
    1. 2015 Performance
    2. PR Development Feedback
    3. Self Evaluation Development

2015 SELF Annual Feedback Summary:
    1. 2015 Performance
    2. Self Evaluation Development

TASKS
    1) Auto-Fit Row Height for rows with Merged Cells: One of the issues is that rows with merged cells do not auto-fit the row height. Some of the data that is being pasted into the rows with merged cells has more text in the cells than is visible due the row height not adjusting height. Admins manually adjust these rows to show all of the text in the rows and also reduce some row's height for rows with "extra space". Would like macro look for rows with merged cells in the tabs and then auto-fit the row height? I highlighted the sections in yellow that need to autofit.

2) Hide Blank Rows based on Criteria: The other main issue is that there may be rows that have no data and I would like to have the macro to hide these rows. In column M, I have a formula that looks for rows that are blank and that should be "hidden" by the macro. So any cell in Col M that equals "Hide" should be hidden. Would like to add this to the macro as well. This task only applies to the 2015 Performance tab in both files.

Let me know if you need any further contect and I will get back ASAP.

Pre-payment has been sent via Paypal.