Posts by youngsie81

Re: Sorting Formula

Thanks for the response...having some issues with the formula...if the ranking values are not sorted, you will get some N/A values, which is an issue.

Any other solutions?

I have attached an example sheet.

I have names in column A and their ranks across multiple columns/categories. The ranks are also color coded.

I would like to sort/rank each column and have the name appear in the column instead of the rank using a formula. I would like the formula to be dynamic as well.

Any help or hints are appreciated.

Files

• Book1.xlsx

(8.61 kB, downloaded 26 times, last: )

Re: Copy and paste row if cell value within date range

Thanks for your response!

The range number of rows will not always be the same.

Hello all.

Haven't been able to find an answer for what I'm trying to accomplish. I have data in a worksheet (columns A to BA). The data is sorted oldest to newest based on the date in column L.

I would like to be able to go through the data, copy and paste rows into a new worksheet if the date in column L falls into a particular range.

I appreciate any suggestions.

I have a row that I am using as a base (L2:Q2). I am trying to compare that values in the rows below (L3:Q8). I realize it would be easy to do conditional formatting for this one range, but I have a much bigger sheet and it would result in me doing conditional formatting entries over 100 times.
    I want to look at each cell in the range L3:Q8 and compare it to the cell that is in the came column in range L2:q2. If it is less than, color it red, if its not do nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

This issue is due to the limitations of the nested if formula. I have range of cells that contains percentile rankings 1-100. I am trying to figure out how to convert the cells that contain values 1-10 to a 1, cell values 11-20 to a 2 and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings Everyone!

I am referencing a value in column A of Sheet 1. I am looking for that value in column B of Sheet 2 and would like to return the value of the cell that is 1 row below and 4 columns to the right (column F). I need to do this multiple times.

Can I use a VLOOKUP/OFFSET combo or Index/Match?

I am writing the formula in column H of sheet 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good Evening Everyone!
    I have read the extensive posts on automating PDF printing and still can't seem to figure out my problem.

I am attempting to print a range of an excel sheet as a PDF. The PDF would end up on my desktop. I recorded a macro to do most of the work. My problem is the filename. How do I tell the Macro to save it as a certain file name everytime the procedure runs. I have the full version of Adobe

Here is my existing code below.

Re: Copy Range Of Cells Into Email

I figured it out...

Here's the way I did it.

Greetings All!
    I am trying to get Msg to equal a range of cells in Sheet 2 (B1: G105) so that those cells are pasted into the email as text.

The code below works, it just needs some modifications for Msg.

Any help is appreciated as I have searched a ton of threads and other websites as well.

I am trying to Lookup a country to see if it is classified as a "Developed Country".

My formula would be in cell AA4. I want to see if the country in cell B4 is on a list of developed country's on another worksheet. IF the country is found on that list cell AA4 displays Developed. If the country is not on the list, cell AA4 displays Emerging.

I have tried an IF statement using the Match function and it does not work. Any suggestions?

=IF(MATCH(B4,'Developed Country List'!$A$2:$A$37,0), "Developed", "Emerging")

I am trying to add a third if statement to my existing code looking to see if a cell in a column is blank and the corresponding cell in another column contains a number that is greater than or equal to 1. I can't figure out how to write that part of my IF statement. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Code
    1. If Cells(r, 4) = " " And Cells(r, 3) >= 1 Then
    2. Cells(r, 1).Resize(1, 5).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
    3. Set rng = Union(Cells(r, 1), Cells(r, 3), Cells(r, 4))
    4. rng.Copy
    5. Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G40:I40").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
    6. Application.CutCopyMode = False
    7. Cells(r, 5) = "NEW"
    8. End If
    9. Next r