Posts by parrimin

Hi guys,

I was trying to add some code through VBA to a new Workbook I'm creating. I'm following the instructions in http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm#CreateEvent

What I need is to add an worksheet_change event procedure, and im trying it as it follows:

Code
    1. Dim StartLine As Long
    2. With newWB.VBProject.VBComponents(CStr(mysheetName)).CodeModule
    3. StartLine = .CreateEventProc("Change", "Worksheet") + 1
    4. .InsertLines StartLine, _
    5. "Msgbox ""Hello World"",vbOkOnly"
    6. End With

and

Code
    1. Dim StartLine As Long
    2. With newWB.VBProject.VBComponents("ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("+CStr(mysheetName)+")").CodeModule
    3. StartLine = .CreateEventProc("Change", "Worksheet") + 1
    4. .InsertLines StartLine, _
    5. "Msgbox ""Hello World"",vbOkOnly"
    6. End With

but no good results... Any suggestions?

Re: Application.filesearch

I typed what you said in a module, and it remove the ? and puts a "Print ..." There is an error when running. I replaced Print for a MsgBox, and there is an error that says "Incorrect file Name or Number".

Hi,

I have created a macro that must extract data from other workbook. It opens the workbook, with an exist, and isopened control, and then open it. It´s running well, but i found while making another macro, that if the file direction is "http://www.xxx.com:8080/Challange%20Cost%20Proposal%20Sheet.xls", then i cant run the exist control. Next you have the code im using. In the first version, i had .LookIn = ThisWorkbook.Path. Now I´ve tried:

1. Dont put .LookIn, and fName is "http://www.xxx.com:8080/Challange%20Cost%20Proposal%20Sheet.xls"
    2. .LookIn = "http://www.xxx.com:8080/"
    .FileName = "Challange%20Cost%20Proposal%20Sheet.xls"

Both are failing, it says, the file doesnt exist.
    If i try directly WorkBooks.Open "http://www.xxx.com:8080/Challange%20Cost%20Proposal%20Sheet.xls", it opens correctly, but i would have a control, because the original file name could change, and the macro would crash if does. Some suggestions?

Re: Files With Rare Name Created

Yes, the "normal" excel files have excel icon.
    I think I solved it. I put those files in a directory where i put read and write permission. I changed permissions, and added modify permissions, and it seems there is no problem, the files are saved whithout creating those rare files, but now, the users can remove the original files, and that is what i dont want...

Hi guys,
    I just have shared some files in job, so my boss and their partners can work together, but today I arrived to my desktop, and discovered, there are some new files in the directory. I thought i could remove them, but i discovered if double click on them, they are the same file, but with rare name, like "5A0FCE00", "2036DE00", without extension. I cant understand how windows knows they are Excel Files, if they dont have any extension, and the icon that represents these files, is the icon for unknown type of files.
    The info in that file is very very... important, but its very large file, so i cant see what has changed. i would not remove the last updates if these files are updates from the original... I don´t know what to do. Some suggestions?

Re: Sumproduct In Vba

But, this isn´t running either.

Code
    1. MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((R[19]C[10]:R[199]C[10]=1)*(R[19]C[7]:R[199]C[8]=1))

Well, if the previous code runs, i dont need this las solution, i can remove cell "A1" when i get the data, but, just out of curiosity, how to make run Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct for this purpose??

Thanks guys for your help

Yeahhhh, great h1h, as always happens, the solution was the most obvious, recording!

The solution is:

Code
    1. Cells(1, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUMPRODUCT((R[19]C[10]:R[199]C[10]=1)*(R[19]C[7]:R[199]C[8]=1))"

Ops, It´s true "k" was missing. Now im trying:

Code
    1. MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct("(K20:K200 = 1) * (H20:I200 = 1)")
    2. MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((K20:K200 = 1) * (H20:I200 = 1))
    3. MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((Range("K20:K200") = 1) * (Range("H20:I200") = 1))
    4. MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((Range("K20:K200").value = 1) * (Range("H20:I200").value = 1))

but dont work anything!
    I think i will have to compare all rows one on one

It seems Ok to me too, but not running. Yes i also tested to force to calculate.

Code
    1. Range("A1").calculate

, but... some more suggestions?

Not running... And i cant understand the usage. Is not:

Code
    1. Cells(1, 1).Formula = "=SUMAPRODUCTO((K20:K200=1)*(H20:I200=1))"
    2. Application.Evaluate ("A1")

Re: Find Text Based On Active Cell Contents

You have to put a commandbutton. Then right click->view code on the created button, and then you will see the code windows, and some code that says:

Code
    1. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    2. End Sub

You only have to put in this Sub whatever you want to do. For example

Hey guys,

I have to put from vba code the formula: =SUMPRODUCT((K20:K200=1)*(H20:I200=1)), in every sheet, for getting the result, and remove the formula. Getting and removing is ok : D , but i have some problems putting the formula.
    First i tried

Code
    1. Cells(1,1).Formula = "=SUMAPRODUCTO((K20:K200=1)*(H20:I200=1))"

I think is correct, but returns an error. What is more strange, that if i click on the cell and press enter, then the formula runs. Anybody knows whats happening?
    Another try

Code
    1. Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((Range("K20:200") = 1) * (Range("H20:I200") = 1))

Code
    1. Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct(K20:200 = 1) * (H20:I200 = 1))

Both of them give me errors.

Help please

Hi,

I have created a Workbook with a master sheet, where there is a summary of the other sheets. Every sheet has its own Worksheet_Change function implemented.
    Now, I want to create from a master sheet, all the other sheets. No problem if i only want to create sheets and put data in cells, but no manner to create its own Worksheet_Change function from vba code. I dont know if anybody would understand what i mean...

Suggestions please?

Hi,

I have a workbook that needs to protect & unprotect all sheets with the same pass. Running OK.
    I put some data in locked cells with a macro, ok when userinterfaceonly := true.
    I need to share the workbook... thats a problem.
    I found that userinterfaceonly only runs when i protect now, but if i close and reopen, userinterface turns to false. Well, the users that will use this workbook dont have to protect & unprotect, & dont know the password. To make the userinterfaceonly be true always, i can put in openworkbook event that it turns to true, but i need the pass to protect & unprotect is always the same... Not at all my best solution i think... Ok, I accept this way of protecting, but... when the file is shared... I cant protect or unprotect the file, so i cant turn to true userinterface!
    Any solution?

Re: Display Print Password As "*"

I can´t see the vba code of your file. I suppose you are showing a userform, with a textbox where the user have to put a password, doesnt it? If it´s this way, you have to click right on the textbox, and click properties. There is property that says "PasswordChar", and if you enter the character you want, the text you enter in that textbox will be substituted by this char.
    If it´s not your problem, im sorry you would have to explain better.