Posts by ajrilo1

If I am only tracking 4 tasks , labeled 1,2,3,4, that will be repeated throughout the year, is there a way to have the Gantt chart just continue the entries on just four rows?

I would like the chart to remain only 4 rows in size and simple add to each of the 4 rows as more entries are added, what function would allow for excel to recognize that an entry belongs to either 1,2,3 or 4 and fill in the cells associated with that tasks for those dates without adding a new row to the chart?

I suppose I wouldn't need to merge the cells, but I would like the event to take up the cells representing the days from start to finish for the month that the event is happening. I have to figure out how to get excel to recognize that the cells N4:AR4 represent the month of Jan 21 and that AS4:BT4 represent Feb 21. Maybe a VLOOKUP to make sure the correct section/tm is aligned with the correct dates??????

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Hello,

On my tracker I have two sheets, ( schedule, calendar view) on the schedule sheet the different sections simply enter section number, start and end date, event. I manually move all that to the calendar view sheet to get a quick snap shot over the years(s) . I shortened the calendar for this example , but it will continue for several years. Is there a way to have excel automatically move data to the correct area of the calendar view sheet?

As you can see on the calendar view sheet I have merged cells and placed the events from the schedule sheet under the correct section. (1-1 means section 1 tm 1, 3-2 means section 3 tm 2, ect.)

Files

• Tracker.xlsx

(12.58 kB, downloaded 39 times, last: )

The spreadsheet as it is now recognizes 3-2 in a cell as team 3 doing 2 hours of work and keeps a running tally. I wanted to have say 3-2,1-1 in the same cell ( representing 2 teams working the same day) . the cell would contain a string 3-2,1-1 but I know its for the 2 different teams, I just wasn't able to develop a formula that would know to look for a comma then perform the same function as if there was only 1 entry. I could have been more clear in my description

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT("0"&F$3:F$33,2)+0=$A$35),("0"&MID(F$3:F$33,3,9))+0) is what I was using for single entries such as (3-2) but I dont know how to still do this for (1-1,3-2) in the same cell.

hope that is a little clearer

Thanks for the reply

Hello,

This spreadsheet tracks teams that have worked (3-2) means tm 3 did 2 hours. I did not take into account that multiple teams could work the same day. How can I modify the formula to recognize more then 1 team in a cell. I would simply like to separate with a comma so 1 cell could have ( 3-2,1-1) in the same cell and the formula still work. there could be 4 entries in the cell

is this a bridge too far?

Cell P16 is an example of the multiple entries

Thanks

Files

Hello,

This spreadsheet tracks teams that have worked (3-2) means tm 3 did 2 hours. I did not take into account that multiple teams could work the same day. How can I modify the formula to recognize more then 1 team in a cell. I would simply like to separate with a comma so 1 cell could have ( 3-2,1-1) in the same cell and the formula still work. there could be 4 entries in the cell

is this a bridge too far?

Cell P16 is an example of the multiple entries

Thanks