Posts by Sper434

I am working on something with genealogy.. I have copied and pasted into an excel.. and essentially I need to isolate potential duplicates.. there are thousands of names , so if I could somehow highlight these matches it would be great.

I delineated the data to separate first and last name.. anyway , I want to conditionally format so that it highlights them.. I'm just running into the issue that it will highlight everything that is a duplicate, but ..I need it to highlight first and last match ONLY.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!!!

Please see attached example.

THANK YOU !!!!

Files

• EX. WB.xlsx

(8.75 kB, downloaded 25 times, last: )

Ok, Thank you !

I have attached another file .. this is what I am trying to do.. I don't know if you have any suggestions on how you would approach this,,.

Basically, I have the three tables.. I put a little "calculator" in the bottom which is where I'd be entering the values.. (this is just a fabricated spreadsheet so excuse the lack of sense it seems to make lol ) so when I enter those values , or leave blank in areas that weren't mentioned/not requiredI want it to tell me "athletic" or "unathletic" or FIT

HOWEVER, when the data in the highlighted cells is OCCASIONALLY instead of FREQUENTLY, I want it to say LESS THAN than athletic, etc. ..ONLY in those highlighted cells.. and they vary across the tables..

Sorry, I promise I try to figure this stuff out on my own before I bug you guys!

THANKS!!!

Sorry! Don't have my work computer with the exact doc. but this is an abbreviated version/example. highlighted cell is where the formula is ..

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback.. have some nested if ands.. it's returning 0.. (changed from general to text ) and if I copy and paste the formula into another cell it's just showing the written formula.. any suggestions?

Thanks !

Hi,

I'm sure there is a really obvious answer to this but I've tried a ton of combinations with nested ifs, if ANd,IF OR and I'm stuck. Keep getting the error too many arguments for this function..

I'm trying to get it to do this :

=IF(B2="",'"WORKDAY(D2,10)),IF(B2="EXAM",(WORKDAY(D2,15))

(Sorry if my () and ""s are wrong )

So basically if

Column B has no value keep the row blank

If it does column E adds ten workdays to the date in column D

but if column B = exam I want it to be 15 workdays to not 10..

Any help would be much appreciated!:)

Basically what I'm trying to do is I have 4 conditions

If met and if date prior to 02/19/2002 than No.

If met date after 02/19/2002 than yes

if not met and date prior to 2/19/2002 than yes

If not met and date after 2/19/2002 than yes.

I got it to work but the issue is if I don't have "met" or "Date" filled in column D which the yes/ no is showing a YES. Sorry to ramble ... Don't know if I'm explaining that any better

I'm using this formula ..

=IF(AND(B2="yes",C2<=DATEVALUE(2/19/2002)),"NO","YES")

How do I get it to not run this if the cells in B and C are blank ? So column D will just remain empty ..not a YES or a No?

Thank you !