Posts by EstimatorJones

Thanks! I'm no programmer, but even if you could get me started, that would be super helpful! I've been trying to make this work for a while, and I'm not even sure if I'm describing it well enough lol

Thanks Roy!

Should I ask in the code forum or can this be moved by a moderator?

Oh, and the reason there's 10 rows of hours is because there are 10 buildings. There are 3 building types (all with different data) but multiple copies of those buildings.

For example. Building Type 1 (Tab 1) has 4 of those buildings. So rather than have 1 tab for each building, we estimate by building type, and then multiply the Tab by the number of buildings in that type.

Hi!

I'm decent with Excel, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not sure how to solve, and it looks like I might have multiple options.

I Estimate using excel. My estimate workbook contains multiple tabs for large projects and a summary tab. I need to add a tab that will just show the manpower hours estimated from each tab.

The issue is that each tab can be counted more than once (because sometimes there's more than 1 building of the same type).

So I need a formula or perhaps some code (I'm better with formula's, but willing to try anything at this point lol) that will do the following:

Insert Rows with predefined formulas that hold the hours data (would prefer it to update the name of the building as well, but it doesn't have to be that fancy yet), based on the multiplier number on each tab in the estimate workbook

I've attached a quick example of my estimate sheet so you can get a better idea. The building numbers are in yellow and the hours are colored based on the building type.

The buildings need to be in chronological order for the accountant.

Any help or suggestions on how to go about this would be great!

Example Workbook.xlsx