Posts by VWRSue

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet (see attached), where I would like to copy specific data from tab labeled 2020 to tab labeled Outstanding Log. The following data is to be copied: Column Q from 2020 to Column A on Outstanding Log, Column A from 2020 to Column B on Outstanding Log, Column E from 2020 to Column C on Outstanding Log; Column N from 2020 to Column D on Outstanding Log, Column J from 2020 to Column E on Outstanding Log, and Column V from 2020 to Column F on Outstanding Log. However, I only want to copy data over within the last 30 days using the dates from Columns E and J on the 2020 tab, and where there is no date in Column AC.

I'm not sure if this could be done with a formula or not, so I thought I'd post it here first.

Thank you!

Hello,

I went to your Freebies section to see about basic Excel training for a co-worker. However, I am getting an error message when I click the link that either the link is broken or the page no longer exists, or has been moved. I then went to Contact and filled out the form to see if this training is still available, filled out the form, but I see no way to submit my question (no submit button, enter just enters to the next line, etc.).

Is the training still available?

How do we submit any Contact communication?

Hello. I would like Excel enter data from one cell into another cell, based on another cell's entry. For example, I have a date in column A, in column B, there will either be a date entered, or n/a. If column B is n/a, then I would like Excel to take the date in column A and enter it into column C. If column B is a date, then I want to enter data into Column C myself. Is this possible?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with a number of tabs. One of the tabs has numerous pages that will not be needed all the time. Is there a way I can have Excel only print specific pages within a tab as well as all other tabs. Setting the print area does not work as I will need to print page 1 and 4 and 7, but not pages 2,3,5 or 6. I have attached a copy of the file, and the tab I am referring to is "Weighed Chemical Tags." Thank you!

So I figured out the issue. I have customized my ribbon with Macro buttons. Neither of you would have known that. If I use those buttons, then Excel wants to open my original file. If I just run the macro from View Macros, it works fine. I had assumed that once I C&P the code, the macro buttons would be associated with the new code. Apparently, that doesn't happen, or there is a step I must take to associate the button with the new code. Anyway, I recreated my buttons and everything works great.

Thank you both for all your help. I greatly appreciate your patience!

As an aside, I've started the VBA tutorials provided on this site...I hope it doesn't teach me just enough to be dangerous!

Thanks again!

I must not understand what to do. I've downloaded your file, and when I run the Daily_Report macro, Excel wants to open my original file and run the macro there. I then replaced the code in my original file with the code from your file, saved it and it works fine. I then resaved that file with a new filename and it wants to open my original file. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere in my Excel that needs to change? Or perhaps a setting within the macro itself? Is it because my original file still exists?

Hi Roy. I wasn't clear about your last message. I understand you rewrote the code....but I don't see the code...am I to go back to your original response? Or the later response where you attached the file? Either way, the macro wants to open my original 2020 Active Log Book 20200422 file.

Hi Mumps. I tried your modified code, but it doesn't appear to be working the way I expected it too. First, I replaced the code in my original file, saved the file using Save As and renamed it for 2021. When I ran the Daily_Report macro it opens my 2020 file and runs there. I then tried going to my original file, then saved the file using Save As and named it for 2021. The macro still wants to open my 2020 file. Is there anything I can do to combat this? These are annual log sheets, so I will want to create a new log for each year, 2021,2022, etc., but not have to recreate macros each year.

Actually, now that I've had a few minutes to think about it, I have a question about using the macros in a different file. We will have a new file for 2021, at which time the filename will change, but I'll still need the macros to function. Can you tell me what I'll need to change in order for it to work on next year's file?

Nevermind....it works. I copy and pasted into a copy of the file I sent you so in case something went wrong, I wouldn't lose my original. It didn't like a different file. Once I copied the code into my original file, it worked like a charm.

Thank you both so very much! You've no idea how much this helps me!

Have a great day!

Hi,

I have tried the code royUK has provided, but when I run it, I get a run time error '1004'.

I have also tried the code Mumps has provided, but all that happens when I run it, is a new worksheet opens with nothing on the report page.

I am just copying the code provided and pasting into my macro. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.