Posts by byron jones

Thanks a lot Glen but doesn't move off row 1 when hitting enter

Actually, if you are just pressing Enter sometimes, using this alternate code would be better:

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. If Target.Column > Range("K:K").Column Then
    3. Application.EnableEvents = False
    4. Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select
    5. Application.EnableEvents = True
    6. End If
    7. End Sub

Hi thanks Glenn I will try this one but I am pressing enter in every cell after entering data

When it gets to K1, and you enter data and press Enter, does it just stay in K1?

Hi Glenn

Select Columns A-K

Format Cells - Protection - Unlock (click on the check mark at "Locked"

File - Options - Advanced - Change "After pressing Enter, move Selection Direction" from "Down" to "Right"

On the "Review" Tab at the top - Protect Sheet (Select your preferences)

Select Columns A-K

Format Cells - Protection - Unlock (click on the check mark at "Locked"

File - Options - Advanced - Change "After pressing Enter, move Selection Direction" from "Down" to "Right"

On the "Review" Tab at the top - Protect Sheet (Select your preferences)

Hi Jo thanks for the reply but once the cells are selected they go grey is there anyway to keep them white thanks

Hi Carim thanks but not quite there with this one yet on loading the sheet jumps to b1 can't select a1 then moves across the rows to k thats ok on hitting enter jumps to a2 then b1,b2,c1,c2 etc

can't see on code how to sort this but this is the closest yet can you help further please

Byron

Right-click the sheet tab and choose View Code, and paste this in the code area:

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. Set isect = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("K:K"))
    3. If isect Is Nothing Then
    4. ' nop
    5. Else
    6. Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select
    7. End If
    8. End Sub

Thanks a lot Glen but doesn't move off row 1 when hitting enter

Hi Carim thanks but not quite there with this one yet on loading the sheet jumps to b1 can't select a1 then moves across the rows to k thats ok on hitting enter jumps to a2 then b1,b2,c1,c2 etc

can't see on code how to sort this but this is the closest yet can you help further please

Byron

Hi can anyone please help with a code for the following the sheet I am trying to put together is for a stamp collection, I know this can be done with tab/enter keys but I am trying to only use the enter key I hope this makes sense

Starting in cell A1 enter data and hit the enter key move to B1 put in data press enter key and move to c1 and so on till I get to k1 after entering data hit enter key and the curser moves to cell A2 keep entering data in cells after moving along row 2 to k2 hit enter key and move to column A row3 and all the way down to about row 5000 (not sure yet) I had this macro a few years ago but can't find it now. Any help would be great.

many thanks

Byron