Posts by wonkydonky

mdenino: I tried your suggestion but couldn't make it work. I probably misunderstood what you meant.

So I've constructed two small example files to illustrate my problem.

NumbersHyperfile.xlsx shows a worksheet that's up-to-date.

Clicking the 'Select' link (D27) selects all the data from C1 through AC24.

In NumbersHyperfile-2.xlsx I now want to add new data, so I've inserted a column, E.

But the 'Select' link no longer works- it doesn't include column AD.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: Columns C and D are 'operators', used to order (via A-Z or Z-A) all the other columns after 'Select' is activated.

I should have left them out, ignore or delete them if you like. They don't affect the matter at hand.

Ooops: Attached the files twice :-(

mdenino: Sorry, didn't see your answer until now.

My data currently occupies columns C to BE and 40 rows from 5 to 44.

I periodically add new data* to column F (not D, as I'd said earlier), so next time I do this, the last column at far right that contains data will become BF. After another data input to column F the last column will become BG. And so on.

So the hyperlink would need to be constantly modified to read 'C5:BF', then 'C5:BG', etc, etc.

I created the hyperlink in empty cell C51, by right-clicking it and selecting 'Hyperlink', then following the usual instructions.

Now, clicking the link selects all the data from C5 to BE44 and I can change the data order as I wish with the A-Z modifiers in columns D and E.

*By 'adding a column of data', I meant that I will add data to between 5-8 cells in column F, leaving the other cells empty.

I needed to select all cells on Sheet1 between C5 and BE44, so I created a 'C5:BE44' hyperlink.

But when I added a column of data to D4, the hyperlink became invalid unless altered to read 'C5:BE45'.

BE44 is actually empty. Could I put a name in that cell, like WOW, and have the hyperlink go there regardless of its location in the page?

I tried 'C5:WOW' but it says 'invalid reference'.

Thanks for reading :-)