Posts by Romela

Greetings

I have working code for a pivot table (pt) but want to filter the 2nd pt further from value at 1st pt.

Code
    1. Dim LResult As String
    2. PSselect = myfilterTypePS
    3. LResult = Left(myfilterTypePS, 5)
    4. With PvtTblRental
    5. .PivotFields("Facility Number").ClearLabelFilters
    6. .PivotFields("Facility Number").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals,
    7. '.PivotFields("RS_Usage_UIC").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:=LResult Value1:=myfilterFacNum
    8. End With

The 3rd line under the "With PvtTblRental" does not execute properly - for a good reason as follows.

The 1st pt contains "61050 Admin", and the 2nd pt "61050 Admin (other text)"

I cannot use the 1st pt string to filter the 2nd pt because the strings are not equal. So my following question is:

Can I use something like ".PivotFields("RS_Usage_UIC") = Left(myfilterTypePS, 5)" which would just consider the first 5 characters - and basically making the strings equal.

Then I can filter the 2nd pt with "61050".

I thought about an example but since the code is working correctly for me I decided to just show the code.

Since ".PivotFields("Facility Number").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:=myfilterFacNum" is the line of interest; and more specifically, "Value1:=myfilterFacNum" is the filter being applied to the pivot table.

I am asking how do I insert a "Value2:=myfilter2" using the "PivotFilters" property so the pivot table will now be filtered on Two Criteria.

Thanks for your response.

I have some sample code below that is working fine for me. Currently has one filter (on Facility Number) and I want to add another filter.

I am having a problem with this line.

.PivotFields("Facility Number").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:=myfilterFacNum

Which filters the pt as desired. But how do I add a "second filter" - seems I cannot get the syntax correct. thanks for your suggestions.

I am searching for the best method to tie these forms together so the user sees them all, and can switch between them.

However, now I want to begin to "spatially" aligned these forms for the users interaction.

So what is the best method to do that? Should I create "one large form" as the background, and ties all the other forms to it?

Thanks,

Greetings

Let me add one more item; some minor code from my combobox.

Code
    1. Private Sub cbo_SelectUsage_Change() 'select pooled space usage type (CU Catcode)
    2. 'store "PS Main Usage Catcode" at worksheet cell
    3. Sheets("AdminCtrls").Range("B15").Value = cbo_SelectUsage.Text
    4. End Sub

Notice how I stored the "combo box change event" to cell B15 (1st graphic, top left.)

I want to be able to select the "Row_ID" just to the left of the users-choice, and store it also in cell B14.

Any advise is greatly appreciated as I am really not getting the results desired, thanks.

Greetings

I have a pivot table called "pt_UsagePS" as shown in the 1st graphic (upper right).

1228213-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Basically, If the user selects "74062 - FST FD/SNK BAR (cellT8)" from the combo box to follow, I want to store the "Row_ID (cell S8) for later use.

As you can see at cell B15, I store the results of the user's selection.

1228214-pasted-from-clipboard-png

As you see, the combobox is displaying the four-items correctly from the "filtered pivot table"

This is how I accomplished it in vba (with your prior help of course).

Set PvtTbl = Worksheets("AdminCtrls").PivotTables("pt_UsagePS") 'Set creates an Object

With PvtTbl

.PivotFields("Facility Number").ClearLabelFilters

.PivotFields("Facility Number").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:=myfilter2

End With

Finally, How do I select the "Row_ID in vba so I can store it? Thanks.

Greetings

So let's continue same subject just a little twist. I have taken a different approach as follows with a pivot table called "pt_UsagePS"..

Before I begin there is one more image from the form with the Combobox.

As you see, the combobox is displaying the four-items correctly from the "filtered pivot table". When the user selects an item, I store the result in B15 (1st graphic) for later use.

In addition, from the pivot table; and for whatever item is chosen, I want to store "Row_ID" as show in the 1st column of the pivot table.

This is how I accomplished it in vba (with help of course).

Set PvtTbl = Worksheets("AdminCtrls").PivotTables("pt_UsagePS") 'Set creates an Object

With PvtTbl

.PivotFields("Facility Number").ClearLabelFilters

.PivotFields("Facility Number").PivotFilters.Add Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:=myfilter2

End With

Finally, How do I select the "Row_ID in vba so I can store it? Thanks.

Let me provide some additional information, see the graphic below.

The goal: after the two criteria are set; "POOLED SPACE" and "6010", I want the combobox to be populated with the items in the last column - where the user will select the appropriate record.

Here is the revise code borrowed from Kennett Hobson in 2007.

This was a response from Kennett Hobson in 2007. I used the code code.

I am receiving the run-time error message '1004': AutoFilter methods of Range class failed.

Any ideas? thanks for your assistance, Romela.