Posts by Clang02k1

Re: Com/Serial Port to Excel

ok is there any way to stop the data from being received ? it will jsut set and send the same data 1000 times + and will never stop unless i close connection

i have a Transcell TI-500E Device ( which displays the weight from my Scale ) and at this time when i want to capture data from the scale i open the connection to the port then on the device i have to click the ( PRINT ) Button on the Device and it will then send the Data i need sent ( Data being the Weight ) so what i need is help with sending the command form excel button to the serial device on Com1

Also im not understanding what you mean by Data Sheet on the equipment

OK i got everything working as i want it too but need help adding a button that sends the p Command to my Scale so that i don't have to push the Printer Button on my scale Every time i want to Capture data from scale

Would like so that the Connect button will Connect to the Serial Port and Send command to Capture the data so i don't have three buttons any help would be great i have also attached a copy of the worksheet Below as well as a link too it via dropbox thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z73…89xi/New%20Test.xlsm?dl=0

Files

• New Daily.xlsm

(71.9 kB, downloaded 180 times, last: )

Code
    1. lngRow = lngRow + 1
    2. Cells((lngRow + ActiveCell.Row) - 1, (ActiveCell.Column)).Value = Replace(.Data, "KG GR", "")

Ok so i got this working so far but it will either enter the Data that is coming from Scale in the line below it so many rolls down or so many rolls up ???

Well i think i may have it working now per this code

Code
    1. lngRow = lngRow
    2. Cells((lngRow + ActiveCell.Row) , (ActiveCell.Column)).Value = Replace(.Data, "KG GR", "")

But i still have this one issue i can't get this Symbol to Delete like the KG GR

Quote from pike;795406

Hi can use attach ab example of the input stream data?

i think this is what you are asking for . in the example file the data when the Print Button on the Scale is pressed is entered in on the Line starting With A1 and then just enters downward each time button on scale is pressed A2 A3 A4 BLAHH BLAHH i need so that when i click on a set cell the number captured from the scale goes into that Cell and not the cell next in line ( example : scale button pushed - Have E3 Cell clicked on and the data is entered there then next Scale button pushed i have A7 clicked on and the data goes into that selected Cell )

the data i receive from the scale is 0 KG GR and need to Regex it down too Just the Number need to Regex out () (KG GR)

Ok so i have a Worksheet i have attached the worksheet works i just need too add the Serial Data is Captured from the Scale and then using the example you gave for Serial Data worked . what i need it too allow for is that it needs too be able to Click on the Cell i want the data entered into and it grab that set weight from the scale ( Atm it will just add it too A1 then down the line ) need so i can just click the cell i want the data entered into and it enter it in

Files

• Monday.xlsm

(19.92 kB, downloaded 253 times, last: )

i come across this and works well for getting data from my scale but have a few questions if someone might can help me

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194802&page=2

1) I need help getting so that when i send the Capture command( AKA Hit the print button ) that it will let me chose which cell that number goes into and not jsut on the next line

2) how i can regex and have it auto take out the Ibs so its just the number itself

pike replied with this

Code
    1. [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]If[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]Not[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] .Data = vbNullString [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]Then[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][/COLOR] lngRow = lngRow + 1 Cells(lngRow, 1).Value = replace(.Data,"Ibs","") [COLOR=darkgreen]' change the cell location in the cells function Cells(row,column) and use replace function to remove the Ibs[/COLOR] Range("L7").Value = "Transfer" [COLOR=blue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333]

[/COLOR]But its still not allowing me to pick the Cell i want the Data too go into next it will still go too the direct one below also in the Replacing Function its working for the most part but here is example of what data is being captured from my scale and sent into excel

0 KG GR I need to remove any and all items besids the Number so ( ) and (KG GR) Needs too be deleted

Also every time i click open to have data pulled into excel it will delete the last entries any edit in the code that will stop this from happening ?

Re: Use Open to connect to serial port

Quote from Kristian;783855

Connect to more than one serial port using Excel Serial Comms Class test II.xlsm

Hi.
    I succeded to use the Excel Serial Comms Class test II.xlsm to connect to one instrument. Is it possible to use this Excel to connect to 2 or more instrument of the same type?

Regards
    Kristian

i come across this and works well for getting data from my scale but have a few questions if someone might can help me

1) I need help getting so that when i send the Capture command( AKA Hit the print button ) that it will let me chose which cell that number goes into and not jsut on the next line

2) how i can regex and have it auto take out the Ibs so its just the number itself

Sorry for thread digging figured it would be worth the shot for some help ;)