Posts by CHEECOCHONGO

Hello again everyone.

I trying to help another person bytrying to get an access data base working properly. This is also posted at http://www.accessforums.net/sh…59462&p=319271#post319271 However not getting and luck.

The problem is with form "Student Details". At the bottom of the form there are to comment boxes labled "text 464" and "text 482". When you type o comment in box 464 and click the add comment button there is suppose to be a macro that runs and places the comment into box 482. It is then stored there. Each time the user add a new comment it get stored in 482. For some reason when you click the add comment box an error pops up saying "the data Macro '(comments.addcomment ,[textaddcomment]) could not be found" I am guessing the problem is the Macro has been deleted at some point. I am not sure how to write another macro that would place the inserted comment (Box 464) into the (Box 482) so that each previous comment in (box 482) is not deleted. That was what was happening when I tried to fix the problem. When ever I inserted a new comment in (box 464) and clicked the add comment button it would delete the previous comment before adding the new comment.

I have attached a copy of the file. Thank-you

Files

Re: Is there a way to creat an install for excel and access

Thank-you for that link royUK. I did follow the link and downloaded the setup utility.zip However when I clink the install button I get a message saying the appname.xcla is missing from the folder. This file is not included in the zip file. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheeco

Re: Similar code that creates a dialogue

Thank-you for that code Kenneth. I used it and it worked however I would like it to auto run soon as the file opens. I tried the below code and it did not work.

Code
    1. Sub Auto_Open()
    2. Dim Excel As Object
    3. Set Excel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
    4. Excel.Speech.speak "NOW SUSAN I WORKED VERY HARD ON THIS ASSIGNMENT AND I THINK I DESERVE AN A"
    5. Set Excel = Nothing
    6. End Sub

Any ideas.

Thank-you Cheeco

The below code creates a dialogue in excel. My question is. Is there a similar code that creates a dialogue for MS Word, MS Access and MS Outlook email.

Code
    1. Sub UseSpeech()
    2. Application.Speech.Speak "NOW TEACHER I WORKED VERY HARD ON THIS PROJECT AND I THINK I DESERVE AN A"
    3. End Sub

Thank-you

Cheeco

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed and I have a horrible memory so I am trying to put together a database that I can store codes in as I find them. I am open to all suggestions. A ready made database would be helpful also.

Thank-you

Cheeco

Re: RESOVED Cannot input into form scroll box

Sorry Mikerickson. I for got about posting this Also posted at. It wont let me post the URL. It says something to do with forbidden words. I apologize that I broke the rules. Please tell me how I am suppose to add the other post URL.

Hoe come when I go to put in a web address it will not allow me to? Then I brake the rules by cross posting.

Re: Code to lock cell after amount is entered in cell

Thanks Mike. I was running the code in the sheet1 (sheet1) module. As stated the first code I would get a compile error. The second worked but I had to unlock the complete page which may not be a good idea. You are correct about the typos. What do you suggest on that subject? I was also think of some kind of user form to input information.
    Just experiments that I am trying.

Re: Code to lock cell after amount is entered in cell

I have an update to my problem. There are many post on this subject and I have tried them. however I am running into the following.

with this code I get 'compile error
    'Sub or Function not defind
    'Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)is in yellow highlite
    'and (inrange) is in blue highlite

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. If InRange(ActiveCell, Range("B1:B100")) Then
    3. ActiveSheet.Unprotect
    4. ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Locked = True
    5. ActiveSheet.Protect
    6. Else: End If
    7. End Sub

I have also tried the lower code and it does work, but soon you insert in the first cell it is locking all the cells in the sheet. It does work if I unlock all the cells on the sheet but this exposes the cells with formulas and so to change by accident or intentionally.

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    3. If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then 'set your range here
    4. ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="mypassword"
    5. Target.Locked = True
    6. ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="mypassword"
    7. End If
    8. End Sub

Now I was not exactly clear on what I was trying to do here so I will provide a little more info now

All the cells on the page must be locked except (B3:M8) and B11:M15) and B17:M68) any cells that fall in the area must be unlocked' but lock one at time as the user inserts' This way the user cannot go back later and edit the original number for any reason.