Posts by _Janyce

Re: Locate Cell Using its Values and then Copying the Adjacent Cell to Other Workbook

Sorry this piece of code that i'm trying to figure out is part of a larger one.

So currently my code takes a file of 'x' number of workbooks, extracts sheet 1 from every workbook and merges all of the sheets into a single new workbook. Next it takes column A and column B and concatenate the data in column M for all of the populated rows. Lastly it hides the columns between E and M. (lets call this workbook "Data Book")

(This code created the execl file attached below)

ozgrid.com/forum/core/index.php?attachment/66210/

I run this code in a blank workbook (lets call it "Analysis Book"), and it creates a new workbook ("Data Book") with 'x' number of sheets based on the number of workbooks in the desiganted file.

For every sheet in "Data Book", I want to find a cell in column E of based on it contents (Lets say im looking for the cell that contains "Item being forwarded to domestic processing workcentre"). Then using this cell I want to copy the corresponding data in column M (In this example it would copy the number "42177.7518"). It wil then take this number and paste it the column called "Item being forwarded to domestic workcentre" in the "Analysis Book".

*Properties of "Analysis Book"*

• Is open
    • Has only one sheet
    • Contains the VBA code needed to extract data from "Data Book"
    • Has been saved to a specific name

*Properties of "Data Book"*

• Has NOT been saved to a specific name yet
    • Has multiple sheets, based on the number of workbooks in the file the sheets were extracted from
    • Is open
    • Is active

I hope this helps decipher what im asking for help on, sorry for being vague. I was not sure how much information was needed.

Thanks,

Janyce

Re: Locate Cell Using its Values and then Copying the Adjacent Cell to Other Workbook

I want to find a cell in column E of based on it contents (Lets say im looking for the cell that contains "Item being forwarded to domestic processing workcentre"). Then using this cell I want to copy the corresponding data in column M (In this example it would copy the number "42177.7518"). It wil then take this number and paste it the column called "Item being forwarded to domestic workcentre" in the "Analysis Book".

Thanks,

Janyce

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66212[/ATTACH]