Posts by Abcboy

Good'day Everyone,

I have Frankensteined (ie there will be a lot of redundant code that I only deleted partially) the following code from various sources online and it is doing exactly as I want but missing the crucial last action. I altered the values of this VBA to create a meeting request in Outlook based on Values on a worksheet. There is also a body text that must go onto the Meeting Request Message body and the value is Sheets("Email").Range("B1:M48"). With my fairly limited VBA knowledge I was able to copy the values I want from the correct work sheet, but I was not able to find the VBA that allows me to paste clipboard onto the Outlook Meeting Request window that opens at the end of the script.

This could be a 1 liner fix for anyone with the answer but I have spent the last 3 days googling to no avail :yikes: Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Re: VBA Super Wildcard Search box! Run-Time error '91' VBA Error

Good evening KjBox,

Well I don't really need 56 Columns because as it is at the moment, the information only expanded to AA. The 5000 rows are set to future proof the search, currently the data set is approximately 1600 rows in total (5000 rows range should take them a couple of years to make up). Unfortunately though my VBA skills are currently limited to mainly understanding what the VBA does and not writing the script itself.. thus I am limited to changing/reconstructing an existing script instead of creating a new one of my own :(

Also I've tried the new script you suggested and I may be doing it all wrong again but it doesn't seem to be activating even when I have values in cell B1.

Appreciate all the efforts from both yourself and S O :) this has been a annoying bug that has frustrated me for a couple of weeks now

Re: VBA Super Wildcard Search box! Run-Time error '91' VBA Error

Thanks for the assistance S O, I have added the extra line in that you have suggested but the error is still appearing when the search box is left blank.

The error is still appearing as Run-Time error '91': object variable or with block variable not set!...

and it is still referring to the following section of the code

Code
    1. Hiders.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    2. If Cond = " " Then Exit Sub
    3. Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    4. End Sub

Does anyone else have any idea?

Greetings all!

I needed a super search VBA for my sheet and my friend and I Frankenstein-ed one from various other VBA we found. The VBA seems to work fairly well with one issue that if the search box is blank/empty then it returns with the following error Run-time error'91' object variable or with block variable not set and it seems to be caused by the line Hiders.EntireRow.Hidden = True within the code. If anyone with more superior VBA knowledge than mine can assist it would be greatly appreciated. There are 3 codes that basically allows this to work

On the workbook module:

Follow by

Code
    1. Sub Show_All()
    2. Rows("4:5000").Hidden = False
    3. End Sub

Then within the worksheet

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then
    3. ' call your sub
    4. Call Show_Only_Dept
    5. End If
    6. End Sub

Many many thanks in advance for whoever can catch this bug as I have pulled out most of my hair trying to work it out!!

Greetings everyon,

Am new to the forum and if I do commit any offences, please do notify me at your convenience.

This is a script (EXAMPLE A) that I acquired which works perfectly if I wanted to copy a the whole row base on an input from column F. (input trigger is AVAILABLE). However for my purpose I do not want to copy the whole row to tab 'Available'. I only want the information from cells in column A and B. With my limited knowledge I tried re-writing the script as follow (EXAMPLE B). Which causes an Error/Loop! when it tries to activate the range. Can someone with more VBA knowledge advise as to how I may resolve this issue? Much appreciated.

EXAMPLE A
    ----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE B

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

AbcBoy