Posts by S O

fwiw I see it as entirely optional - as Roy states, it was never a feature that existed previously. If people want to use it then go for it, but there's certainly no obligation to do so :)

I have tried that without success. When I open a thread that contains code, it appears without any indentation in that thread even though it was posted with the indentation included. Another problem I'm having is that I cannot manually copy/paste text from one post to another or even within the same post. I'm wondering if the problems are related.

Mumps/vcoolio,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also if you can provide screenshot(s) of what you're copy/pasting vs. what the post renders afterwards that would be helpful.

Hi EvanBerrett, welcome to OzGrid.

Please update your post with links to the other forums you have asked this question. If you are unable to do so please ask myself or any of the moderators to amend the post for you with the necessary links.

For more information on this request - please refer to the forum rules (in my signature) which explain what cross-posting is and why we ask you to supply links.

Many thanks

Sam

So, can I ask what it is I am looking at when I click on the "Unresolved Threads" option? What places a thread in that status?

Hi Justin,

The "Unresolved Threads" option is showing threads that do not have a "resolved" status as you probably suspected.

The ability to mark a thread as "resolved" is something that we've only had for the last year or so. Historically this didn't exist on OzGrid and so for that reason it's never been a requirement on here. If people do decide to do it then it's really just a bonus.

All the best,

Sam

Lisa,

It appears you have posted this question on at least one other forum. Please note that as per our forum rules you must declare this in your post and provide links to the other forum(s) that you have posted to. This is to ensure that no-one spends unnecessary time on sometime that has already been resolved elsewhere.

Please contact myself or any of the moderators and we will gladly edit the original post for you.

Kind regards,

Sam

Hi Lisa,

To assign a macro to a shape/button - you can right click and there should be an "Assign Macro" option where you can choose which macro to run when a user clicks it.

As for your issue with the second macro - does that second range have any merged cells or anything like that included? If you're able to upload a sample workbook it would help to visualise the problem.

Regards,

Sam

Hey Carim,

I'm seeing if I can tweak the registration process to get some of this information to the users as they register.

For current users - best thing to do is either point them towards this post as Ali says, or simply edit the thread title and let them know why you've amended it.

An important note - as Roy mentions in another comment - thread titles themselves are not as important as they used to be in terms of SEO, but they still play a crucial part in the forums own search abilities and can certainly help in search engine results. So the focus isn't so much on SEO friendly terms here, but think more about what would a user search for on the forum if they had a similar problem....

Hi Jim, welcome to OzGrid.

Please note that one of the rules of this forum (and quite commonly others too) is that you declare when you have asked a question on another forum. This is commonly referred to as cross-posting and when you declare this it means that we can check the other sites too and make sure that we aren't just duplicating effort.

I've updated your post on this occasion, but please do keep this in mind for the future.

All the best,

Sam

I might need to throw up a post somewhere - looks like when you paste it loses the formatting.

If you click the code button first it makes a little box where you can paste the code and it retains all the formatting.

It will be a change to what everyone is used to though