Posts by Will Riley

seem to be able to get in & out, although if i forget to log out, i do seem to stay logged in, whereas other forums seem to log me off after a period of inactivity...

hey i love these guys

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

keeeeeraaaannnggg!! :bouncy:

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

Hey, I'd totally agree with Chris on this one.... Working in a small company and knowing a bit about XL you can get to be the local Guru - until you discover the Web that is :D

I got John Green's XL 2000 VBA book a few months ago and have been trawling through it along with posting questions here & on other forums when I get a bit stuck (which is still very often ;) )

Mind you, i'd say that in sept last year i'd only be able to use macro recorder & edit bits, whereas now it's not so scary to start in the VBA editor with a blank sheet. If you're using code to improve your life at work, then you'll find you learn real quick.

One thing i just love is the "immediate window" where you can write code & make sure it does what you want before implementing it....

After spending years 'in isolation' tho, building up skills from books & the help function, I can't recommend strongly enough the value of having a number of good web forums for whatever sofware you are using.... here at work almost all our database stuff is SQL based & all related programs run with some form of VB and we've all learned pretty much all we know from forums such as these.... and hey, it's great when after a few months you can start answering questions and giving something back too !!

one more chorus! :guitar::guitar::guitar:

OK, try this slightly different approach... just use a 4 cell range for each line of data & when entered, use a macro to copy to a list ... see sheet three called "Data Entry" on attachment & press Alt+F11 to view copy/paste code

HTH:bouncy:

I'm not sure it's *that* critical.... wouldn't it still bring back correct answers however your data is sorted, although I have to admit that it would affect performance speed if your vlookup values are right at the bottom of a list of a few thousand entries

That depends if you're using TRUE or FALSE in the formula Chris.... tho in this eg you're probably right...

from the Help on VLOOKUP....

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup)

If range_lookup is TRUE, the values in the first column of table_array must be placed in ascending order: ..., -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, ..., A-Z, FALSE, TRUE; otherwise VLOOKUP may not give the correct value.

If range_lookup is FALSE, table_array does not need to be sorted.

If VLOOKUP can't find lookup_value, and range_lookup is TRUE, it uses the largest value that is less than or equal to lookup_value.

:P

The answer to your question is yes... providing that the machine can 'see' the add-in (i.e. on the hard drive or a network that the PC has access to)...

If it's where all the other add-ins are you can use the following code

Code
    1. Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    2. 'you need to put this in the "ThisWorkBook" module.
    3. Set Solv = AddIns("Solver Add-In")
    4. If Solv.Installed = False Then
    5. AddIns("Solver Add-in").Installed = True
    6. End If
    7. End Sub

see the arrows in the bottom left of the worksheet?

Right click on them and you should be presented with a list of worksheet names.

select whichever one you want to move to

HTH