Posts by HarriBess

Re: Sums and CountIfs

Nope. Not working for me either.
    Now my supervisor's goal is a Macro; in case you couldn't tell, I suck at those.

This is what my supervisor sent me, but it tells me there's a bug:

Sheets("CODTL").Select
    Rows("1:1").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
    ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 1
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=P2*", Operator:=xlAnd
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="101004"
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:="=STATOR K59*", Operator:=xlAnd
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=3
    Range("L3066").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=">=2/1/2006", Operator:=xlAnd _
    , Criteria2:="<=2/17/2006"
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=33
    Range("A1:AR18820").Select
    Range("AR1").Activate
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Hartselle").Select
    ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1
    Range("A1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=207
    Range("B228").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = ""
    Range("B228").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIF(R[-226]C:R[-2]C,R[-226]C)"

End Sub

This code tells me that he wants all the items in field 1 that begin with P2. We also need S2. This code creates another page. How would I do this without the bug (it says it's in the row with the # 101004)?

Okay. So I tried the SUMPRODUCT, it's giving me zeros when I can look at the data and count more than that. Here's what I've typed:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!F2:F18620=Summary!B3&"*")*--(Sheet1!G2:G18620=101004))

How am I continuing to do this wrong??

Okay. I think I have my workbook page set up for easier viewing. I just pasted the values.

What I want to do is look at data on another sheet and summarize by counting the number of occurances of that Rotor/Stator for the Location, which are all assigned numbers on that some sheet.

Is this better?

I just can't figure out which formula to use nor how to phrase it.

There is this huge file I have and I want to count the items in column A for each location (identified by a number in the reference sheet). Why aren't my sums working (in the first two of column B) or do I have to use CountIfs? If so, how would I phrase the countif with two conditions?

Thank you for your help,

HarriBess

I have defined Good as 1, Bad as 2, and Okay as 3. I want my formula to say that if O3 is less than P3, it's Good; if O3 is less than or equal to 5% over P3, it's Okay; if O3 is greater than P3, it's Bad.

Why doesn't Excel think I'm saying this correctly? Or am I not?

=IF(AND(Safety!$O$3<Safety!$P$3,Good),(IF(AND(Safety!$O$3*0.95<=Safety!$P$3,Okay),Bad)))

Thank you!

HarriBess

Why would this continue to be wrong?? Excel keeps telling me "VALUE!"

=IF(AND(O8/O5)<=0.95,(O8/O5)>=1.15),Bad,IF(AND(O8/O5)>=0.98,(O8/O5)<=1.1),Good,IF(AND(O8/O5),Okay)

Help is greatly appreciated!
    Bests,
    HarriBess

Help me with my boss's project, please!
    I'm using hlookup for the most recent month's data. I have the look up value set as (cell a2) Dec. Table aray is another sheet and I am certain I highlighted the cells correctly. I want the last (8) row index num. I also have the range lookup as false.
    I want the data from the eighth row of my selection to show up. Why is it refusing to work?? Crazy, but it's worked on six other selections on the same worksheet!! What am I doing wrong??
    Please post or email.
    Thank you,
    :loopain: