Posts by saban123

Re: find anywhere in A and B anything from C

Thnx man very much for this
    I will check it out and let you know

thnx again

men something is wrong with that file I get this message that file is corupted (could you plizzz upload it again) when I tried to download it
    thnx

never happened before
    this was the error
    The page you've been trying to access was blocked.

Reason: The file you are trying to download is corrupted.
    The ID of the transaction is 35FA9698.

Re: write in one and update another

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    2. Workbooks("Evidenca aliniranih dokumentov1.xls").Save
    3. Workbooks("Evidenca aliniranih dokumentov1.xls").SaveCopyAs ("R:\BACKUP\BeKaP.xls")

End Sub

solved done it like this, I guess it is ok

Is ther any event like on save or on sheet change(but this would take to much time) or maybe on close

The best would be if when workbook is closed it is automaticly saved and also save the clone or when workbook is saved then save the clone also
    this would be the best method Do you maybe know how would this be done

thnx

In other workbook is exactly the same data as in first one actually it is just a clone of first workbook except it is stored in another location and it would be nice if just first one would be open not both
    and then I write into first workbook and other is updated automaticly and saved when last cells (reference) is entered with data and so on for each row

thnx for your help

How can be done when I write to one workbook and at the same time update another one (workbook on other locations) and lets say when cell F is changed to save automaticly both workbooks

is this possible
    thnx for your answers

there could be a problem because in two groups there are 4 people, in one is 6 and in one 7 there are 4 groups

And you said that function deals with that my suggestion that is cool

thnx man for everything and can I somehow increase popularity or something in this forum so you will get more credits cause u really helped me bigtime
    stay cool
    saban

Could you please insert that for half day of vacation cause I dont have a clue how to deal with that user defined function

And about that named ranges is something so strange I did make another named range and amended all the formulas with (find replace) but it is still refering to old sheet or to old range tried it both to have just new range on same sheet and also tried to make a new sheet with new named ranges and still the same I dont get this (It is still the same : when I write dates for Skupina2 in vacation sheet from Skupina2 that is dopusti2 it does nothing and if I write it in vacation sheet from Skupina1 then it is ok - so strange)- Ok dont bother with that I figured it out

but this I would still need:
    I must say U did a splendid job !!!
    All that would be very nice now is with that vacation and workrate:
    1. figure out how many days actually vacations represent in range from Date till deadline
    2. Then figure out the number of weekdays between date and deadline
    3. divide : 6/nr.of weekdays between date and rok = y
    4. multiply y with nr of days in 1 point(how many days actually vacations represent in range from Date till deadline)
    5 deduct this result from workrate

So I guess this would be pretty much correct information for decreasing workrate? What do oyu think

and thnx man for everything

thnx for your explanation it helped me a lot
    I just have one problem:
    I have sheet1 and sheet2-for vacation etc
    now I wanna do 4 same sheets(4 groups) where every sheet has its own sheet for vacation except the name of the sheet will be diferent
    so the sheet3 will refer to sheet4 for vacation and so on
    but when I make a copy of these two sheets all new sheets are refering to same sheet for vacations

why

I that new example of yours is it possible to add two columns for dates when translator is missing just half a day so if he is missing just half a day then i need to deduct criteria for 3

thnx again

Does this example deducts criteria if translator is on vacation ??
    I cant figure out what it does

Where do I write holidays in Absence named range or what?
    I dont get this quite well could you explain it a little bit more
    Because if I will try to figure this out it will take me a week :)

Just kidding but I would very like to have a detail explanation when you have some time

thnx again

thnx man will let you know how it worked for me

Can you tell me what do you think about that example:
    In cell F10 I get value which tells me how many days are holidays afecting actual job (How many days can document not be translated)

what is this named range grpnetcap I cant find this in your example
    What are these functions written in VBA what do they do ??(do i need to use them)

thnx man really apreciate this
    stay cool

Saban

Does anyone have any slightest idea how to solve this:

How many days between dates 22/05/2006 - 28/05/2006 represents this range of dates
    24/05/2006 - 29/05/2006

in other words How many days from date 24/05/2006 - 28/05/2006 are actually in between from 22/05/2006 to 29/05/2006

22/05/2006 - 28/05/2006 is like (22/05/06,23/05/06,24/05/2006 and so on) but weekends should be excluded

any ideas?
    thnx

Sorry for this stupid question.
    How can i put values from cell D2:D1000 in variable

like:
    Startdate = "D2:D1000"
    and
    EndDate= "E2:E1000"

And then I need to check if date written into inputbox is between startdate and end date

And it should consider startdate and end date like this
    in D2= first start date and in E2 = first end date
    and in D3 = second start date and in E3 = second end date

thnx for your answers

I have it like this
    In column A is start of holidays
    In column B is end of holidays
    (one date written in A and one in B, and so on)

In C and D columns are start and end dates

Now I would like to check if start and and end dates of holidays, are between those dates in C and D

22/05/2006 24/05/2006

23/05/2006 24/05/2006

Check if first range of dates is between second one

Actually if holidays are between start and end date then check how many days are actually holidays in range of start and end dates

Kinda hard to explain
    any Ideas maybe I am lost
    thnx

Re: use of networkdays and named ranges

So I guess this is the problem cause i have holfrom whole column A and holtill is whole column B (holfrom is like $A$1:$A$1000 and the same for holtill)

Is that what you have been asking me