Posts by craiglkb

Hi

I have a large volume of forms (circa 2500) that have been submitted via the web to an email address I have set up.

I want these to be in Excel so that I can dedupe them with a list i currently have in Excel.

Is this possible? I REALLY dont want to have to retype 2500 forms!

The forms are all in a standard format.

Thanks

Craig

Re: Searching for multiple items

or you could make an if statement that says for field 1 display 1 if the criteria matches and zero if not and apply the same if statement for field 2. Then total the two results fields and those that equal 2 are the ones that match exactly. This will also provide you with a way of showing partial matches too, which may prove useful

C

Re: Unselectable, Bold entries in a ComboBox

i dont know how to do this in VB, I would suggest before a proper solution comes along is to call your fields

EAST_PLACE1
    EAST_ PLACE2
    NORTH_PLACE1
    SOUTH_
    WEST_

This will give you the sort order that you require plus it will be easy to identify the area.

C

Re: Summing across multiple workbooks

apologies ignore my reply i misread your question my solution only works for worksheets within the same workbook!

There is a way yes, let me go make you an example.

=SUM([Book1.xls]Sheet1!$C$12:$C$20,[Book2.xls]Sheet2!$A$1:$A$10)

SUM can take up to 30 arguments.

Craig

Re: Custom Pivot table code?

No Problem. You could build an input form that would take away the issue os unfreindly input (though personally I would find it easier to enter into my daa table than yours) and certainly the tabular structure that I am using will make it far easier for you to graph any results, its not the best practise to graph from PT but from source data.

I have attached another example that shows multiple pivot tables on the same page, does this achieve your reporting requirements?

I would use a database for this actually, lots of Excel users do use Excel when they would be better off using Access!

Craig

Re: Custom Pivot table code?

I wouldnt make 3 pivot tables and one master table.

If you want to go down teh pivot table route I would suggest 4 seperate pivot tables each looking at the same set of data, "the master" table doesnt require the 3 "slave" pivot tables to exist its just referenced back to the initital data.

Of course you could show all the 3 "slave" pivot tables in one large pivot table and seperate them via the grouping function.

Hope this has given you a few pointers.

Craig