Posts by imso

Re: Macro To Import Data & Compare

Hi dbrown14,

It's ok, I think the entire userform is already quite sufficient, with all the necessary functions being implemented. Thank You for patiently answering to my questions for all this while. I'm deeply appreciated. :)

Have a nice weekend and God bless you. Do keep up the good work of helping others. ^_^

Best Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

Yes it worked, aside from the passive update of date when user input is detected is it possible to add rows to that particular drawer when it detected a shortage of space to add item? For example only left one slot in the drawer therefore it will auto generate one extra slot for the next entry.

Thanks and wish you have a nice weekend. :)

Regards,
    imso

Yes i try to do it in the properties but i'm afraid it might not be too reliable. So i wanted it to be initialize first hand in the Thisworkbook..
    Anyway i'm getting compile error exit function not allowed in sub or property at the commandbutton1_click

And besides, to prevent error from occurring while clicking the undo button for the first time. I've implemented a .enable to false. And i need to know is there a way to check the undo button is always false whenever the application is first started in the ThisWorkBook? I've tried it CommandButton.Enabled = false but it failed...

I mean because i notice sometime after transferring an item from drawer to drawer, the quantity value of that item will tend to align towards the right sometime. So i'm wondering is there a way to make sure the quantity values column will always be align on the center?

Hi dbrown14,

I think the undo function should be adequate at the moment for the user to use. But something i notice while transferring the item from drawer to drawer, the quantity number of that particular transferred item can sometime be align right? Is there a way to confirm that its always align center of the quantity column?
    Regards,
    imso

Yes i put it on the sheet with the drawers. But it seems like the code isn't being called as i press F8 button..

Erm, now its more about detecting passive data input or changes from the user on from each drawer to update the date. So the user don't have to edit the date whenever they edit the inventory sheet.

No wonder it keeps undoing the same thing.. If it needed more work i think it can be hauled for a while... But i wanted to ask you is it possible for the (Inventory sheet) sheets(1) to detect user input or changes on each drawers and then update the date of that drawer? Eg: Typing new item into the drawer, editing item name and etc.. Thank you..

Hi dbrown14,

Although it worked but it seems like the user only transfer a particular item once but the actions kept replicating itself more than once when the user click the undo function? It seems like an infinite chain of loop? Shouldn't it stop at he last action of the user and stop allowing the loop to continue?

It does somehow defer from the original excel undo button?

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

Why i couldn't seems to import the extracted file? Kept giving me error on --> system error &H8004005 (unspecified error) out of memory? (Line 8: Property OleObjectBlob in Move had an invalid file reference.) Thanks

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

Is there a possibility of changing the functionality of the 'Cancel' commandbutton2 to a 'undo' function? But i do understand that there's a hiccup with this, when the user calls VBA code, the undo stack is destroyed? Is there a workaround for this problem in my context to allow user to undo his/her actions, if they happen to accidentally transfer the wrong item in the last event? Its ok for not implementing this function just a thought whether is it possible to improve the functionality of the userfrorm.

And was it possible for the (inventory sheet) sheets(1) to detect user input or changes on each drawers and then update the date of that drawer?
    Many Thanks..

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

It works!! :) For now i see no problem with the codes or its functionality. See you online tomorrow.
    Thank you very much. God bless you. :)

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

Thanks it worked fabulously, but just a thought was it possible that when transferring an item from drawer to another drawer that item are being group based to the nearest first alphabet because there are quite a number of items with very similar name but with slight differences? Thanks

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

The border issue seems to be the toughest to solve so far unfortunately due to its unpredictably? :( Or do you need my attached file to see how the error was occurring? And the MHSADxx's on the combobox seems to start with MHSAD02,03,04,05,01 while with 01 having error occurring stating overflow?

Regards,
    imso