Macro To Import Data & Compare

• Re: Macro To Import Data & Compare

Combo Boxes don't have to be fixed. Unzip and import this into your file. You'll see that I didn't hard code any values. If this is what you want to go with, it still needs work so don't start naming all the errors you find.

Hi dbrown14,

But now the problem is transferring the items from one drawers to the other after clicking the button 'ok'? Kept having the massage box mentioning not enough space for that particular drawer. Is there anyway it can add another row of slot for that drawer when space limitation problem occur? Well you did state there's still improvements to be made on the combobox. But thanks anyway :)

Regards,
    imso

Hi dbrown14,

Pertaining to the previous problem on the BOM-list comparison it seems like its having some issue as it does not really show the differences between both sheets and populate it onto the new sheet? As seen in the summary sheet below. Is it possible that the code just run to check column C (Part Number) differences between both sheets in order to solve this problem?

Regards,
    imso

Yes, it actually did only run to see if there were differences based off of Column C. I got this from your code which seemed to do the same thing, but I guess I was mistaken. How would you like it to look for differences?

As you can see from the summary sheet for Sheets(3) the red highlighted potion seems like there is some sort of similarity among the part numbers with the yellow portion?
    The population of the variable onto the summary sheet also does not seems to fit with what was highlighted at Sheets(3)? As i compare it with my previous example attached below.

Although i have deleted part of the portion of the content of sheet 2/3 after comparison because i cannot upload the full content onto this forum.

Regards,
    imso

Well funny thing imso. I found the error, and it was because I forgot to change one 'a' to a 'b'. Funny how small things can break code it such a big way.

The sixth to last line of code was

Code
    1. Range("A" & j + 4).Resize(k, UBound(a, 2)).Value = a

but was supposed to be

Code
    1. Range("A" & j + 4).Resize(k, UBound(a, 2)).Value = b

In other word, it was showing the different values from the first sheet twice! Only 'k' was larger than 'j' so more of sheet1 (which is stored in a) was showing.

Oh i see.. Haha wow such small detail indeed...

Back to the Inventory question, why is the transferring of items from one drawer to the other after clicking the button 'ok'? Kept having the massage box mentioning not enough space for that particular drawer. Is there a way it can instead add another row of slot for that drawer when space limitation problem occur?

Yes it works, but the items dropdown list will always leave the first item in a drawer to the last (Is this some sort of work around in order to get the desired result?) and when limited space is encountered indeed it makes space to fill it up, only with the black border lines outlining the items went missing/interrupted?

And is it possible to add the MHSADxx on the right hand corner of the sheet into the dropdown list for transference of item too? Many thanks..

How come after an item was reduced to to zero, it will leave a blank empty void space? Shouldn't it be filled up with the sequence items under the row?
    The black border lines seems fixed, but the black border lines for the date and drawers seems inconsistent whenever items are being transferred from drawer to drawer? Was it due to the merged cells Excel issue?
    And is it possible to incorporate a update feature of the date to current date when it spotted a transference of items between a pair of drawers? Thanks

Quote from imso

The black border lines seems fixed, but the black border lines for the date and drawers seems inconsistent whenever items are being transferred from drawer to drawer? Was it due to the merged cells Excel issue?

What do you mean by this? The borders seem to stay in the same format throughout.

It seems like when transferring item to these drawer 7,11,13,14,15 will encounter the missing of borders on the date/drawer. And why does the MHSADxx's will encounter error when space limitation occur?

Regards,
    imso