Linked Workbooks, Extreme Lag/Processing Time

• Re: Linked Workbooks, Extreme Lag/Processing Time

I've noticed something interesting for this formula. As it stands, there is no error, but when I change the range to what I need (Copy C2 range, paste in B2), it produces the error. With the range of A, it won't paste, but won't produce the error.

Quote from dbrown14;571070

This should be better

JSpectrum,
    I haven't read all through the thread,

I wonder if the code helps.

Thank you for your help.

I adjusted the document name in the formula and applied the macro. I'm not quite sure what it did though. In sheet1 of workbook1, it deleted almost everything and nothing was pasted to sheet2 or sheet1 and sheet2 and workbook2.

I've just downloaded your 2 files and tested the code, and it works as I guess.

It opens "test.xlsx" and read the data from sheet(1) of the file into an array.
    Then store the data in Dictionary Object.
    Dump the data in Sheet(1) of the "example1.xlsx" where col.A matches to Col.A of "test.xlsx"

Oh, that does make sense but it's not entirely how my string of ducuments work in sequence. Workbook1 sheet1 is linked to a document, changing every day. This macro needs to copy filtered data, starting from C2, paste it underneath existing data in sheet2 starting at the B column, then paste it into workbook2 sheet2 and sheet2, underneath existing data.

Quote from JSpectrum;571878

This macro needs to copy filtered data, starting from C2, paste it underneath existing data in sheet2 starting at the B column, then paste it into workbook2 sheet2 and sheet2, underneath existing data.

I didn't know the issue was like this.
    I think I'd better sit back and see what is going on then.

That made me laugh because it's driving me insane. A few pages back, we have a complete macro, courtesy to dbrown, but the range needed to be adjusted to start at C2, not C1. I guess adjusting the range is harder than I thought when it comes to VB.

Is there any way to make this formula take the data from sheet1 workbook1 starting at C2, filtered, and paste it to sheet2 underneath existing data, then paste to workbook2, sheet1 and sheet2, underneath existing data? Currently, this formula copies starting at C1 and it won't modify.

Try this code a put in a break in the code