Comma delimited list and rows into columns

• Re: Comma delimited list and rows into columns

In Oz09 the treatment is done from bottom the top and for Oz11 it is the opposite.
    That's means, that before the final treatment is done, data is not in the order, but which one is the good one?
    In another data configuration the first result (from Oz09) could not be good.
    Don't we need to sort by Manufacturer Name ?

so, before the final treatment, i need the order from Oz11 to match with Oz09.

Well, i'm currently not using the final treatment so i'm doing the comma treat and then the hyphen treat so i need the order that comes out from the Oz09. thanks!

To get the same result from each file replace FINAL Treat in each file by next code.
    A sort is done using the MAnufacturer Name, you will see that results are the same

well, i don't need the final_treat part anymore. i found out that we only need to stop after the hyphen treat and the format of the Oz09 after using comma and then the hyphen is the format that i need.

IN OTHER WORDS, is it possible we can get the "data" sheet in the attachment to match the "Target" sheet after i run the COMMA_HYPHEN TREAT macro without running the FINAL_TREAT?

Thanks PCI for your dedication and help![ATTACH=CONFIG]39696[/ATTACH]

See attached, must be same result and faster as Oz09

Files

• Oz12.zip

(20.84 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )

Triumph without peril brings no glory: Just try

thank you PCI so much! works amazing and just what i need.
    sry for taking so much of your time.

shout outs to jindon and PCI for being the most dedicated and hardworking, working to solve all of my problems for sure.
    thanks again! hopefully, no more problem with this.

sry to bother u guys again but after running this macro on a new project, I came across another error saying "Subscript out of Range" and when debugging it, it points to the following line:

for PCI:

Code
    1. DEST(II, J) = ORG(I, J)

and for jindon:

Code
    1. b(n, II) = a(I, II)

What does this error exactly mean? not sure why it is not working. I think the macro keeps on stopping when an entry like "C1364" is in the place column.

try expand the array "b" like

Code
    1. ReDim b(1 To 20000, 1 To UBound(a, 2))

was 1 to 10000, 1 to UBound(a,2)

This is because we don't know how many rows will be required from the beggining, so we must guess it.

And if you still have such error, you will need to expand it more.

The same comment is working for next code, for the same reason.

Code
    1. Redim DEST(10000, 5)

to be changed to

Code
    1. Redim DEST(10000, 5)