E-mail Attachment Stays Read-only

• I am trying to send an excel file to one of my customers, and when they try to open it, they get a read-only copy. We've tried "Save as..", closing it and re-opening it, and it still comes up read-only. This is actually one of the few files our customers use that DOES NOT have macros, so it shouldn't have anything to do with security settings. Any ideas?

• Re: E-mail Attachment Stays Read-only

I believe that the original copy that was sent has the properties set as "Read Only". Therefore when the customer gets it, it is in Read Only.
    When they try to do a Save As..., to remove the Read Only, they should change the name of the file in some way. Even if it is to add one character. It will not be able to save as the same name.
    It's either that, or right click the orginal file and untick the Read Only and then Resend.

That's what I think could help you. So depending on how you set it up as Read Only, you may have to undo that before send.

Oh yeah, I don't know if this would really belong in the Excel and/or Email forum.

Thanks,
    David
    [size=-2]Bad news. These are the good old days.[/size]