Create Mail Without Sending

• Hello!

I am not a very experienced programmer, and have had trouble figuring this out on my own. I am attempting to generate an outlook email without automatically sending it, so the user of the spreadsheet must visually review the contents, then click send. The problem I'm running into mostly with reading various responses, is the sheet pretty much has to be stylized, so I don't have names or emails as column headings, they are within the content of the email. Let me provide some more info.

The recipient email would be in the fields B9:B50, and their name will be C9:C50. Each Name/Email has to generate it's own unsent email, so the user must review each individual email and then click send.

I searched and could not find a way to do this with a stylized sheet, and to create the email without sending. Thank you for the help!

• Re: Create Mail Without Sending

Hi, welcome to Ozgrid.

Assuming that you have found some codes to initiate the email sending from Excel. If not, there are some suggestions at the top of this page, and to read through some of the previous threads and try some of them out.

Make sure you use a copy of the file and use this to demonstrate on yourself until you find one that works.
    You'll come across this code

Code
    1. .send

Just change it to

Code
    1. .display

then for the email/s, they will be displayed and will require User interaction to 'Send' it, giving them a chance to make any final modifications.

Take a look at [thread="82548"]this thread[/thread]. It will probably give you something to work with. Don't forget to check out the top of the threads for the other related threads, I am sure you are bound to find the answer. And if you truly get stuck, then reply and maybe myself or someone here will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
    David
    [size=-2]Bad news. These are the good old days.[/size]

I read over that, and I'm still not following. I'm not usually the company go-to for programming, but I'm filling in (And sadly, the most adept at computers there.) I have code from an earlier copy of the worksheet I'm reproducing (But I'm changing it to fit new guidelines. This code accomplishes perfectly but I want to do. I've read over it to try and find the cell values where the emails would be present, etc, but I don't understand VB much at all, to know what to cahnge to get it to adhere to my new format.

If you could point out in the code what I have to change to make it adhere to the new places that everything is found, I would be very thankful!

Well, it looks like your columns got switched around from what you said in your first post versus your codes.

The recipient email would be in the fields B9:B50, and their name will be C9:C50. Each Name/Email has to generate it's own unsent email, so the user must review each individual email and then click send.

The emails are set up in Column B, and the codes shows that it is looking for it in Column C

Code
    1. For Each Cell In Sheets(strLastSheet).Columns("C").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
    2. If Cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then

This is my suggestion only!!!
    First.. Make a backup copy or create a copy and use this instead! This way, if it doesn't work for you, then you still have a good copy

Then what I would do with the backup copy or whatever and move the Column C over back to Column B, and then try that. I do not suggest changing the code, because it is already depending on information from there.

So from what it looks like to me. It was set up that the emails were suppose to be in Column C.
    Column C is suppose to be where Column B is
    and Column B is suppose to be where Column C is.

Hope that helps you out, looks as if maybe there was an accidental drag of column that affected you, all you have to do is put it back.

REMEMBER, CREATE A BACK UP. This will save you a headache in case my solution does not work for you.

Thanks,
    David
    [size=-2]Bad news. These are the good old days.[/size]