Auto-fit Rows & Column For Printing

• I've got a report that is filled out every day and submitted to the VIP's within the company.
    They normally just open the file, press print and read the hard-copy.
    Quite often the text of the column is larger than the cell size and the text is cut off.

What can I do in order to resolve this issue? Is there a quick and easy solution to this? Please help!!

• Re: Auto-fit Cell Height For Printing Purposes

Excel will only display about a thousand characters in a cell (the spec says 1024). They can hold 32K, but that's all you'll see.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

You can resize the row as large as you want and still not see all the text.

Considered Word?

I would LOVE to use word, but the tab feature of the worksheets is great for tracking changes throughout the month. That's the best feature for this particular report. Word unfortunately does not have that option.

There's not macro that I could apply that would resize the cell to the correct height and then initialize a print?

You could subdivide it (break it at sentences) to several rows.

that would be great except for the fact that the people entering the data into these reports aren't the brightest if you know what I mean. They want simple and easy. I just dont think that's possible if they had to break up their entries.

You can record and track changes in Word.

Or, use the Before Print Event to autofit columns and rows, but it wont help if you exceed the character limit. Right click on the Excel icon, left of File, and choose View Code and paste in;

Code
    1. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
    2. With Sheet1.UsedRange
    3. .Rows.AutoFit
    4. .Columns.AutoFit
    5. End With
    6. End Sub