Extracting Email Address From Outlook Based On Names In A Worksheet

• Hi, does some one can tell me how to write the VBA code to extract outlook email addresses ? I have a task to send out about 800 emails to staff and falcuties in our university through outlook. I have their first name and last in a worksheet, but no email address, so I want to extract their email addresses from outlook and import them into the worksheet with names and send them out with VBA. But I do not know how to start? Anyone know how to write the code to extract the email addresses from outlook and save into worksheet?
    Very urgent, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Extracting Email Address From Outlook Based On Names In A Worksheet

This code assumes first names are in column A and last names are in column B. It also assumes the display name format in your address book is First - space - Last. It further assumes that the name of the address book you are tapping into is named "Contacts". Hopefully this works. It's what i could gleen off the internet in short fashion. Post back if you hit snags and we'll try to get you hooked up.

Edit: You sill be prompted to allow access to your addressbook. The code should run in under a minute so that is all I would allow access for.

Thank you so much for your reply, there is one thing: I do not have those 800 people in my contact folder, is there any way I can directly extract their email addresses from outlook? or I have to create folder to hold their email address first?

Where are the addresses in Outlook? Are they in the Global Address List? In Outlook, goto Tools--> Address Book. The use the drop-down list to identify which list your addresses are in. Replace "Contacts" in the code with the name of the address book the addresses are stored in.

Yes, the email addresses are from global list, and unfortunately these 800 people are not from same list. Is there any way i can match the name(first+last)in global list with Excel workbook name(first+last)?