Books On Financial Functions

• hi,

can anyone help? I need to learn about derivatives, futures and options (and such like) and then how I can use Excel to help me work with them. I am very numerate but rusty on the actual nitty gritty of advanced maths and I consider myself an advanced Excel user/ intermediate Excel developer (I have developed applications involving multiple workbooks and addins). SO, I need something beyond "for dummies" level but not too advanced.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Re: Books On Financial Functions

Hi Chris

This is the book I started with when I began working in an interest rate derivtives environment - it is excellent with a good sprinkle of exercises to test the theory. It doesn't really go into hardcore Options pricing etc, but that would be major overkill until you have a firm grasp of the basics:

Mastering Financial Calculations:A Step-by-step Guide to the Mathematics of Financial Markets (Financial Times Series)
    Bob Steiner
    ISBN: 027362587X

For some reason I can't seem to post a url to it on Amazon without the link coming thru all weird, but do a search on the ISBN and you'll be sure to find it. It looks like there is a more recent edition that has been published too.

Richard

• Re: Books On Financial Functions

Hi Chris, I moved this post into the Books forum.

I had a look around this site and there is a search facility to search for books on Amazon specifically related to VBA... this link should bring you to some results for financial books and VBA...

http://astore.amazon.com/ozgri…keywords=finance&preview=

Ger

Check out our new reputation system. Click on the Like button under the post!

[SIZE=8px]There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that dont.

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25...

The BEST Lookup function of all time

Dynamic Named Ranges are your bestest friend[/SIZE]