Change Shape Color Based On Combo Box Selection

• Hi all,

I am trying to use a userform (Combo Box) to update my named cell "Aircraft1" then based on the value selected change the color of an object.

The code works great if I manually enter the value in the cell "Aircraft1", however if the dropdown list selects the value the object does not update its color.

Is there a way to update the cell via a combo box, and then have the VB code change the color of the object?

Thanks in advance for any possible solution to my problem.

This is my code:

• Re: Combo Box To Udate Cell Value Then Perfrom Code Actions

As you have found out, selecting from a validation list does not trigger a Change event. Controling the arrow's color is easiest when done at the same time as filling the cell.

• Re: Combo Box To Update Cell Value Then Perform Code Actions

I believe I follow what you are saying. I tried to run the code after re-naming combobox "Drop Down 357" to ComboBox1, but it never updates "Aircraft1" cell, nor changes the object "arrow1" color. Could this be because I have used the Excel Forms Combobox feature vice creating in VBA?

Please pardon my VBA knowledge as I am trying to learn some basics here.

Thanks again for any hlep on my problem.

• Re: Combo Box To Update Cell Value Then Perform Code Actions

The original post said that the combo box was on a userform. The code I gave should go in the code module for the Userform.

If the dropdown is from the Forms Menu (not the Toolbox, that's a third kind of combobox.)
    Assign the combobox to this macro (after ajusting the names in the macro.)

• Buenas!, estoy tratando de realizar la misma operacion , tengo experiencia en excel pero no en estos metodos.

me podrías explicar el codigo que te funciono ?

yo quiero hacer algo similar tener en el desplegable 3 palabras,

1-Finalizado

2-En proceso

3- sin intervencion

al 1 aplicarle color verde

al 2 amarillo

al 3 gris.

al elemento .shapes.

pero no entiendo ... si alguien me da una mano genial ! gracias!

• Welcome to the Forum

Please start your own post. Posting in another member's Thread is known as hijacking and is not allowed here. By all means add a link to a Thread that may be related to your question.

• royUK

Closed the thread.