Control Toolbox: "cannot Insert Object"

• At some point I lost the ability to use the Controls toolbox -- probably in going from Excel 2002 -> 2007 -> 2003. I get the message "Cannot insert object."

I had a reference to Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library, unreferenced it, re-registered Windows/system32/FM20.dll, and re-referenced it -- no joy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

• Re: Control Toolbox: "cannot Insert Object"

Help! I'm out of Controls!

Also, controls on prior worksheets no longer work. Anyone have a thought?

Thanks.

I've just installed 2007 and the only conflict I had was woth Outlook - I tried to keep 2003 Outlook as a backup. Apparently Office won't allow this.

I installed 2007 complete first, then 2003 (Word & Excel only, then 2000 (Excel only) in that order with no problems with Excel. have you tried to doing a "repair" from the CD?

Roy, Reafidy, thanks you both. I've done a detect and repair without success, and will now reinstall and report back.

Thanks again.

Did the reinstall, all is well. Thanks, Roy and Reafidy.

Just a point, probably nothing to do with the problem, but I installed in this order 2007 > 2003 > 2000. Now the default version is 2000.
    The only problem I had was that it seems you cannot install two versions of Outlook. I have also had problems with Outlook sending from different mail servers - possibly a security issue. I have now uninstalled Outlook 2007 and have reverted to Outlook 2003