Initialize With Book.xlt

• Something's gotten weird. When I open Excel, it no longer uses Book.xlt from XLStart as the new workbook template. When I insert a new sheet, it does use Sheet.xlt (both are present in XLStart).

I closed and reopened Excel, same behavior. Rebooted, same. Detect and repair, same. Then I opened and resaved Book.xlt, exited and restarted Excel, and it worked fine -- for a day. Now back to the same. Both files still in XLStart.

Anyone got any kind of a clue?

Thanks in advance.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

• Re: Initialize With Book.xlt

This is somewhat of a longshot guess, but if you're operating on a computer network where certain settings are imposed upon your desktop then there is the possibility that the register telling excel about the .xlt file is being overwritten.

Hi SHG

I know youve probably checked all this but just in case:
    Is the correct folder under Tools - Options - General - At startup, load files from:

xlstart can be in 2 places for 2003, im not sure about 2007:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11

Reafidy, both Book and Sheet were in both places. I took your suggestion and did the Open all files in ... thing, and that worked, so thanks very much.

I'm still puzzled that the default behavior has changed, but I'm letting it go ...

Thanks again.

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]