Pivot Table Add Page Field

• Hi everyone
    I know in Pivot tbale we could add calculated field into the data ,but I fail to put the added in the "Page","Row" or the "Column".
    Eg.
    in the sheet of data,I have a column "DATE",but no column for year.Is it possible to add year in the "page" without adding anything into the "data" sheet?
    Thank you all.

Ling

• Re: Pivot Table Add Page Field

Hi Ling,

Not entirely sure of your question. Could you attach a sample for us to have a look?

I'm guessing you may need to group your date column by "Year" which would make things easier.

Let me know how you go.

Brad

Brad.

Hi Ling,

I've attached an edited version of your spreadsheet.

What I had to do was drag the date field onto the row (with Name). Then I right clicked the date field and chose "Group and show detail/Group". I then ticked off months and ticked on years. From there, I dragged the Date field up onto the Page field.

Now you should be able to select the year you want from the page field drop down.

Is this what you were after?

Brad.

Files

• pivot.xls

(25.09 kB, downloaded 109 times, last: )

Brad.

Quote from bradles

Is this what you were after?

Brad.

Hi Brad
    Yes,exactly what I am after.:music:
    You know I spent maybe an hour trying to make it but fail.:)and you treat it so easy...
    Tons of thanks for the direction!!

Ling

Quote from lche90

You know I spent maybe an hour trying to make it but fail.:)and you treat it so easy...
    Tons of thanks for the direction!!

You're welcome. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Pivot tables are a little daunting when you first get into them, but it won't take you long to really make some of your spreadsheets sing.

Brad

Brad.