Create Range Box On Form

• Can someone tell me how to create a 'range box' on a form that allows you to drag and select a range, like a type 8 InputBox?

Thanks in advance,

[SIZE=1]Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate.[/SIZE]

• Re: Create Range Box On Form

Reafidy, on rereading your post, that's a pretty close approximation -- good enough, unless someone can answer the original question.

Thank you very much.

Quote from shg

Can someone tell me how to create a 'range box' on a form that allows you to drag and select a range, like a type 8 InputBox?

Thanks in advance,

Microsoft Office Spreadsheet Control

Sorry to be late in responding -- I actually spent a few days enjoying spring in Plano.

Roy, thank you for the RefEdit control -- it is exactly what I was looking for. (I used the AfterUpdate event. As an aside, the purpose of the default BeforeDragOver event totally escapes me. Perhaps I'll see an example here on the forum.)

Okk, the Spreadsheet Control looks interesting -- I'll follow up when I have a slightly different requirement. Thank you for responding.

Reafidy, your suggestion worked fine, and served to let me develop some other aspects of the design without the control being a major annoyance. Thanks again.

Roy, thank you for the RefEdit control -- it is exactly what I was looking for. (I used the AfterUpdate event. As an aside, the purpose of the default BeforeDragOver event totally escapes me. Perhaps I'll see an example here on the forum.)

Update -- I didn't use the BeforeUpdate event, or indeed any event -- some of my other code was fooling me that I was. According to Help,

You cannot use a RefEdit control on a modeless user form.

and

When a UserForm is modal, the user must supply information or close the UserForm before using any other part of the application. No subsequent code is executed until the UserForm is hidden or unloaded.

Code responds to command buttons and other controls, but the RefEdit controls themselves do not trigger events other than BeforeDragOver (took me a while to figure that out), whose purpose currently escapes me.

I ended up processing the contents of the RefEdit controls when the user pushed another button on the form.

I'll post what I've been working on when it's more fully cooked, and perhaps you folks will suggest improvements and simplifications.