insert word object

• insert word object

i'm using the following code:

Code
    1. Dim objX As OLEObject
    2. Set objX = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Word.Document.8", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False)
    3. objX.Border.Color = RGB(255, 255, 255)
    4. Set objX = Nothing

but the objects opens up very small--i have to resize to use...(it is bothersome to the user...)

?can i have the object up with larger width and lenght dimensions..?

thank you.

• Re: insert word object

Adjust the Height and Width property as required.

eg

that's great...! thank you...

now...can i control the location of the object (i have a location on the worksheet that i would like it to pop-up)...?

and can i activate the object after it opens (i.e., put the cursor in the word object and and be ready for typing...)

thank you!

Hi again, here you go...

works wonderfully for positioning and activating...!
    thank you!

?where is this information in the word object stored (in the xls file?)
    ?how does using the word object change the file size (not a problem--just curious...)?
    ?and when i type in a cell, i can reference in another sheet...how can i reference the informaiton in the word object in another cell in another worksheet...?

???

thank you...!

Quote from mjschukas

?where is this information in the word object stored (in the xls file?)

Yes its an embedded object so its included in the size of the xls

Quote from mjschukas

?how does using the word object change the file size (not a problem--just curious...)?

Because its an embedded objec its part of Excel. If you link to a Word object then you would have two separate files and the xls file wouldnt increase, or only marginally

Quote from mjschukas

?and when i type in a cell, i can reference in another sheet...how can i reference the informaiton in the word object in another cell in another worksheet...?

You can really because its a separate object. Why do you want to reference it?

thank you.

the word object is in a worksheet i call "Proposal"--the notes/details of the proposal would be here...

in another worksheet, called "work order", i send the notes to the work crew--thus the need to link...for the crew to read...

--same workbook, different worksheet--for two different readers/users...

so yes, i would like to link the details/text in the word object on worksheet, "proposal" to another worksheet, "work order"...

thank you...!