Linked Spreadsheets

• I have an excel file that references other cells in other spreadhseets located on other drives.

Up until this morning .. when I hit update after opening .. the values are updated.

NOW .. when I hit update, it brings up the window .. CONTINUE or EDIT LINKS.

Nothing has changed, yet it doesn't show me what links are borken or need to be edited.

Can anyone help identify how we look for what links are no longer linking?

HELP !!

Tayler

Tayler [the blue fox] :thanx:

• Re: Linked Spreadsheets

Something else to watch for ...if you built the spreadsheet by moving or copying worksheets from another spreadsheet you may inadevertently have created links through use of named ranges (if the spreadsheet from which you copied or moved a worksheet had named ranges applied).

So .. it is possible that the sheets you INTEND to link still remain BUT if the original spreadsheet (from which you moved or copied) worksheets has been deleted or renamed then this may explain the fault you're experiencing.

Look through the named range dialog box and if you see named ranges that identify an association with a specific folder then the problem I've described may be the reason ....but you may need to look at the dialog box while in each workssheet. Hope this is isn't too confusing.

Robert Hind
    Perth - Western Australia

• Re: Linked Spreadsheets

No .. no files have moved or been renamed.

So I started building a new one from scratch to test it. Even now when I build a brand new sheet .. brand new link and reference to another cell in another workbook .. it updates ok, but then asks CONTINUE or EDIT LINKS.

Very confused.

Tayler [the blue fox] :thanx: