include that weekends are free

• Re: include that weekends are free

Hi

I still got one request how could be done with some VBA code and a form maybe?
    When I add new document to sheet how could I change the criteria from 6 pages to lets say 4 pages but this change should correspond only to new document added

Any ideas
    Thnx

the formulae in columns I K P R bear the "6" in them. You could add a column where you enter 6 or 4 or even any other *speed" and replace the sixes in the above mentioned columns with a reference to the new column. In col R however you might not get satisfying results with different speeds. Give it a try, I have not tested it.

In formulae, depending on your locale, you might have to replace ; with , or vice versa.

tried it but i dont quite get it how do i actually refer this new column to change all sixes in this row(in columns I , K ,P) or should i do this different

thnx

e.g. in col I change the formula from calculating 1/6 to calculate 1/REF where REF stands for the col,row where the "speed" is stored. in the sample below this is D2.

change =IF(H2="";"";F2-(1/6*C2))
    to =IF(H2="";"";F2-(1/D2*C2))

the other col need to be changed in the same manner. After changing all necessairy cells in row 2 you can "copy down" the new formulae.

In formulae, depending on your locale, you might have to replace ; with , or vice versa.

I changed formulas containing 1/6 to 1/AD where in AD columns speed is inserted did you test this I get quite satysfing results.

Just one more Q how could I add with help of combo box values in this column AD
    For example when I am addin a new document that i pres on button ehich says do you want to chage the speed and i choose from combo box that new speed

Thnx man for all your help
    saban

Code
    1. 123.123 Luka 7 novi 15/02/2006 21/02/2006
    2. 123.111 Luka 18 novi 15/02/2006 21/02/2006

Code
    1. 123.123 Luka 18 novi 15/02/2006 21/02/2006
    2. 123.111 Luka 7 novi 15/02/2006 21/02/2006

i do not quite understand what you mean. Please post the file in its present state as i suppose it is not quite the same I have.

Hi,
    sorry for letting you wait. I have been away for a few days.
    In your file you have added col R and S and chenged some of the formulae to refer to these cols. Unfortunately I do not understand what the deaders say. Actually I don't even know what language that is. Anyway. if you delete the dates that have been put in there manually or move them to the 4 line the error (over?) disappears.
    I hope that gets you nearer to your goal.
    Cheers

thnx again
    It is Slovenian language :)
    What dates have been put in there manually ??

Can you post your sample with dates removed
    I dont quite get what you mean

Dopust dopust do

15.02.2006 17.02.2006

I was referring to the above to columns in the file you zipped a few posts up. these dates (and there columns) must have been inserted by you. If you change the order of the entries as originally descrived you get anerror. if you move these 2 dates with the "job" there is no error.

the holiday info that goes with the workday function should not be part of the list of jobs. holidays should be in a range of cells not immediately linked to the rest of your list from A through AD. All holidays must be listed in one column, no from-till.
    the reference to the holiday list must be absolut which means you have to set $-signs with it (see below example). when you then copy the formulae down this refernce will allways remain the same. With this you may remove the columns R and S. To make the list easier to read I suggest you hide all those columns not needed instead of having them just a few milimeters wide. (Format --- columns --- hide)

=WORKDAY(O3;INT(P3-O3);$AF$3:$AF$19)+(P3-O3-INT(P3-O3))

I hope this solves your problem.

by the way, I'll be away again for approx. 10 days, so be patient if you have more questions.

just one more q

what should formula be in J column
    =WORKDAY(M3;INT(I3-M3);R3:S3)+(I3-M3-INT(I3-M3))
    I guess this R3 and S3 are not needed