A userform based Calender to COPY into your App!

• Re: A userform based Calender to COPY into your App!

robben04,

I'm glad that you found the calendar form useful. It's been a while since I've dealt with the first control. It was meant to be a permanently displayed form on a form.

I actually created the second one because I liked its implementation much better. So unless you've actually put the first calendar on your existing form I'd use the second one.

To get it to work properly you would just need to track the double click event on your text box. Have it call display the calendar ( CalendarDate_ToRange ) of course you'ld have to change this event to accept and return a date object instead of a range object. Then place that value in your text box.

Barry,

Thanks again for the AWESOME calendar! Is there any way to change the event of "Make calendar Visible" to "Close the Calendar?"

I would like to take your masterpiece and allow the users, if they clicked at the bottom to be able to close the calendar AND not allow a date (today date for example) to show up in the cell.

Thanks,

Robert

robben,

I'd love to accomodate your request. However, I need more information. For example which calendar are you using? Also maybe an example of how you want to use it.

Quote from iwrk4dedpr

robben,

I'd love to accomodate your request. However, I need more information. For example which calendar are you using? Also maybe an example of how you want to use it.

My apologizes! I am using the one that you click at the bottom to toggle "Make Calendar Visible". I have changed the target.column to reflect my worksheet and it is AWESOME, your something of a genius I have to tell you. I've seen some other replies where you've helped others.

What I am wanting to do is instead of clicking to toggle visibility, I would like the user to (once they double-click to bring up the calendar) to have it close without it putting a date in the field they double-clicked in originally. Hope this makes sense.

AND I would like to have the WIndows bar and "X" disappear as well, so the only way they close the calendar is to select a date or click where you currently have the label "Toggle Calendar Visibility"

Here is the file in case you don't have it anymore, I know its been a while. Thanks again!

Phil,

As long as internally Mcsft takes into account leap years it will. Essentially what happens is that when the user changes the month / year it counts up from the first of that year till it reaches the next month. So as long as ( internally ) the date mechanism accounts for leap years so will the form.

Thanks for the complement

seems very well thought out

Hello Sir,

I would like to use your "Calendar_02". It works great whether one's system's date setting is European or North American, which is what I have been looking for. However, it seems to insert the date as soon as the user clicks on a date. It would be nicer if the selected date is first displayed on the calendar form and then given an option for the user to "insert" that selected date or "cancel". Not being good at VBA, I am struggling to achieve this.

I would appreciate if you could add those features and re-post the file.

Cheers
    Gops

It works great whether one's system's date setting is European or North American, which is what I have been looking for.

Glad to hear that I was able to get the date information generic enough to work on different date formats. ( kind of wonder about those others yet )

Ok I changed it so that you have to click the button to save the date. I'm actually trying to create another form that is simillar in function but it will be an Addin, may also have a menu item in the tools or insert menu, will be customizable, and hopefully other items. However, I'm still working on it so stay tuned.

In the mean time. The attached file is the one you requested with changes.

Works great. Many thanks.

This is minor and probably I can fix it but I thought I should give this feedback. After you have the calendar open if you clicked "save date" button without selecting a date then it gives an error " Run-time error 13 type mismatch". It is possible that some users may just click the button without having to select a date. This may need fixing.

Nevertheless, it is fantastic.

Thank you again.

Quote from lswanson

Yup, still too big.

*sigh* Maybe I will have to try to minimize my code somehow...

If it's any good, I'll host it.

[SIZE="1"]Sub All_Macros(Optional control As Variant)[/SIZE]