Hi, this is similiar to the thread:
Vlookup & Copypaste by adncmm1980
however, a bit different and as to not complicate that thread I thought it best to just start a new one.
What I would like to do is like this:
varB as string and already assigned
varC = sheets("x").range("z")
working with sheets("a"):
for every unique value in column A where column B = varB, assign that unique column A value to offset(1, 0) from varC
... then assign the count of that unique column A value (where varB is true) to offset(1, 1)
continue looping and offsetting 1 row down for each new A value group.
I really am not even coming close to accomplishing this myself.
If the above doesn't really make sense, what I am trying to do is select a person from a list and then find all of the clients that person has handled. - person=varB, clients=unique a values. The person and client columns on my 'retrieved_data' sheet (3500 lines) contain over 50 unique values each.
- Dim varQuanClient As Integer 'for count
- Dim varChart11Am As String 'for assignment
- Dim varChart11Client As String 'for dymanic re-assignment
- varChart11Am = Sheets("Create Charts").Range("H27").Value
- For Each varChart11Am In Sheets("retrieved_data").Range("G:G")
- varChart11Client = Selection.Offset(0, -1)
- ' arrayX push varChart11Client ' thought I could push an array
A rather pathetic attempt, though it was my latest attempt ... problem is I can't see how it's done in my mind ... earlier I tried sorting and finding, but I couldn't get that to work, maybe it's best though ?
Appreciate help, thx