Again! Eliminate pop up

• Hi guys,

with interest I've followed the threat 'bout the pop up elimination.
    And I must say, the options suggested, I did already find these in the help file. :roll:
    BUT I can't seem to get it working properly for me! :poly:

I have a userform in my personal.xls with buttons to open several, freq.used files by me.
    In order to administrate my timesheet I've created a summary workbook in which I collect a copy of the timesheets I fill in. In those sheets are links who cause a pop up with the options to update or leave the links as they are.
    I used both the options :

Code
    1. Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    2. ActiveWorkbook.UpdateRemoteReferences = False

I placed it in the userform code which opens the files.
    I've placed it in the ThisWorkbook workbook code from the file with the links, but the :rambo: pop up still appears.

Can anyone help me out.
    Thanx in advance,
    Sandieslover

• Are you getting the error when you open the workbook????

Try these suggestions, but I've never used them so I don't know if they'll work.

First try "Application.AskToUpdateLinks = True"

Or try checking out the help for

Syntax

expression.Open(FileName, UpdateLinks, ReadOnly, Format, Password, WriteResPassword, IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended, Origin, Delimiter, Editable, Notify, Converter, AddToMRU)

as you can see there is an UpdateLinks property.

Regards,
    Barry

• Sandieslover, please Edit you Title so it accurately reflect your question. When you posted you were presented with the text below which I would appreciate being adhered to

Word your Title like you are using a Search Engine.
    Please only use an applicable and descriptive title. Titles like "Help...","Problems.." etc will often go unanswered and may get deleted. They also make the Search feature of far less value. Use only relevant keywords for best results

• I'm pretty sure that there is a way to for the updating of links. Using this first method I believer that after the workbook has been opened you'll need to force the updating of links.

For that you'll need to check out the updateLink property for the workbook.

Regards,
    Barry