Go down a column and check if values are present in a table

• Please see attached workbook.

I need a macro to check each name in range F2:F11 and determine if it exists in MainTable, column 1.

If it does, do nothing. If it does not, call a MsgBox.

I have tried a bunch of different methods, but I have the same problem with each one: the MsgBox is called after every instance of the value from range F2:F11 not existing in MainTable; i.e. it checks the cells one by one and calls the MsgBox each time the value is not present.

I would like the code to run through the entire table and then, at the end, call the MsgBox if the name from range F2:F11 was not found.

Said another way: Run through MainTable and check for the name "Bryan". If present, do nothing and move on to "Darrel". If not, call MsgBox. And do that for each name in range F2:F11ozgrid.com/forum/core/index.php?attachment/72780/

Files

• example1.xlsm

(9.24 kB, downloaded 95 times, last: )
  • Re: Go down a column and check if values are present in a table

Does this work for you?
    In the attached, click the button "Check Names" to run the code.

Files

Regards.
    sktneer

Wow, thank you for the quick response! Ideally, a dialogue would put up for name that is not present. i.e. "Bryan is not in the master list". User clicks OK, then "Darrel is not in the master list" and so on.

Reason is, I have an "Add employee" button that will be called up in the instance a crewmember is not included in MainTable, which will allow the user to complete a userform and add that person into the Main table.

But, I think I can poke through the code you provided and make that happen.

Thanks again!

You're welcome Ozero!

Please replace the existing code with the following one...

Regards.
    sktneer