Saving excel attchements from microsoft outlook

• I receive several email with a standard format attachment. I am trying to save the attachments to a folder on my desktop using a macro. I have used a code which I found on another post and it is not working. The code I used is shown below.

• Re: Saving excel attchements from microsoft outlook

Thx for posting your code....

It is not working

Do you want to tell us what is not working, or do you want us to guess? :-D

What symptoms or errors are you seeing?

Cheers
    Ger

Check out our new reputation system. Click on the Like button under the post!

[SIZE=8px]There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that dont.

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25...

The BEST Lookup function of all time

Dynamic Named Ranges are your bestest friend[/SIZE]

Hi,

Sorry about that.The macro is giving me the message that it has saved the attachment in the file path I indicated. However when I go to the file path the attachments are not there. Also I don't want the attachment in outlook to be deleted.

Edited your code to this and it worked on my Outlook.
    (Added a folder to my desktop named "Outlook Attachments").

[QUOTE=dangelor;783472]Edited your code to this and it worked on my Outlook.
    (Added a folder to my desktop named "Outlook Attachments").

Hello,

I came across a macro which worked fine. It retrieves all my attachements which are in either excel, word or pdf and saves it on my desktop The macro is attached below. I am now trying to amend the macro so that it can open an outlook item (not an outlook attachment) whthin which is the attachement in excel format and save the file on my desktop. Thank you for helping.