SUMIF TableName Contians...

• Hi there

I have a workbook with 9 different sheets.
    The 9 Sheets all have a different Table (different Names)

3 where the 1st letters are "KHC", 3 are "THC", and 2 are "Admin"

I need to sum certain columns where the Table is "KHC" - therefore add all 3 tables, and so on.

My Formula is:

Code
    1. =IF($D$1="KHC",SUM(SUMPRODUCT((KHCCheck[Date]>=$G$1)*(KHCCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*(KHCCheck[Category]=C6)*KHCCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((KHCCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(KHCCon[Date]<=$I$1)*(KHCCon[Category]=C6)*KHCCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((KHCSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(KHCSav[Date]<=$I$1)*(KHCSav[Category]=C6)*KHCSav[Total])),IF($D$1="THC",SUM(SUMPRODUCT((THCCheck[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*(THCCheck[Category]=C6)*THCCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((THCCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCCon[Date]<=$I$1)*(THCCon[Category]=C6)*THCCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((THCSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCSav[Date]<=$I$1)*(THCSav[Category]=C6)*THCSav[Total])),IF($D$1="Admin",SUM(SUMPRODUCT((AdCheck[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*(AdCheck[Category]=C6)*AdCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((AdCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdCon[Date]<=$I$1)*(AdCon[Category]=C6)*AdCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((AdSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdSav[Date]<=$I$1)*(AdSav[Category]=C6)*AdSav[Total])))))

Is there an easier way to write the code so if D1 says KHC include all tables CONTAINING "KHC". (Or Admin, or THC)

• Re: SUMIF TableName Contians...

Create a little table in the master sheet listing the table names in vertical columns.

e.g

KHCCheck THCCheck AdCheck
    KHCCon THCCon AdCon
    KHCSav THCSav AdSav

Create a Named Range for each of these three lists, naming them only by the first characters you intend to put in D1 (e,.g KHC, THC, Ad)

Then use this formula:

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT($D$1),0)&"[Total]"),INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT($D$1),0)&"[Date]"),">="&$G$1,INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT($D$1),0)&"[Date]"),"<="&$I$1,INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT($D$1),0)&"[Category]"),C6))[/COLOR]

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

MS Excel MVP 2010-2016

Thanks NBVC

Just one final question, i need to do a consolidated report too, currently using:

=SUM(SUMPRODUCT((KHCCheck[Category]=Consolidated!C6)*(KHCCheck[Date]>=Consolidated!$G$1)*(KHCCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*KHCCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((KHCCon[Category]=C6)*(KHCCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(KHCCon[Date]<=$I$1)*KHCCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((KHCSav[Category]=C6)*(KHCSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(KHCSav[Date]<=$I$1)*KHCSav[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((THCCheck[Category]=C6)*(THCCheck[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*THCCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((THCCon[Category]=C6)*(THCCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCCon[Date]<=$I$1)*THCCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((THCSav[Category]=C6)*(THCSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(THCSav[Date]<=$I$1)*THCSav[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((AdCheck[Category]=C6)*(AdCheck[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdCheck[Date]<=$I$1)*AdCheck[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((AdCon[Category]=C6)*(AdCon[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdCon[Date]<=$I$1)*AdCon[Total]),SUMPRODUCT((AdSav[Category]=C6)*(AdSav[Date]>=$G$1)*(AdSav[Date]<=$I$1)*AdSav[Total]))

Any clues so as to sum from ALL Tables?

Maybe, instead of placing the table names in 3 separate columns as I mentioned in my earlier post, you would list them all in one column. You can name the 3 separate sections, then you can give the whole list a single name like "All"... then you can use this formula for all tables.

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT("All"),0)&"[Total]"),INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT("All"),0)&"[Date]"),">="&$G$1,INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT("All"),0)&"[Date]"),"<="&$I$1,INDIRECT(INDEX(INDIRECT("All"),0)&"[Category]"),C6))[/COLOR]

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

MS Excel MVP 2010-2016

I think i tried that, but will have another attempt, incase I missed something, and copy your formula to my sheet.

Thanks for your help certainly the 1st formula is tidier, and allows for easy additional tables etc.

NBVC

Thankyou, just to report, that your Consolidated worked perfectly well. Not quite sure what I did the first time (with my attempt), but it works now.

Thankyou.