Vlook Up Macro for a Dynamic Range

• Hi,

I have a workbook where i have 3 worksheets.

Sheet 1 Column A has the Consolidated List of information with mixed combination of Alpha Numeric Characters (All the 3 Sheets contains the Similar Data in Column A).
    There is same kind of list information in Sheet 2 and Sheet 3.
    My Requirement is, every time I will get a request to do the comparison between two or 3 files.
    In order to avoid that, is there a way with Macro where we can perform the VLook up function through a click on a button or Something like that.
    Please note that the Macro should work for the Dynamic Range in the Column A.

Is that Possible?

I want to give this them to avoid any type of comparison requests coming to me.

Suggest the best possible way.

Sample attached.

• Re: Vlook Up Macro for a Dynamic Range

Hello Kumarma,

Could you attach your example? Also I am not sure what you are trying to look up. Do you want to check if the values in sheet1 column A exist in sheet2 or sheet3? Are you looking up every value in column A or just 1? Can we use column B and C to show comparisons between your workbooks or use a calculation fields?

What this code does is it will look at all the data in Sheet1 column A and compare it to Sheet2 column A and Sheet3 column A. If it finds a match in Sheet2, it will place the value in Sheet1 Column B, if it does not find a match it will leave the cell blank. If it finds a match in Sheet3 then it will place the value in Sheet1 Column C.

This is the best I can do without more direction.

Sincerely,

-Max

Hi Max,

Sorry for not not providing the complete information.

That worked like a charm. I am exactly looking for the same code.

It will be helpful if that is refined at bit as below,

I would like a column to be inserted after Column A based on the number of Sheets to be compared to show the mapping result (Even if there is no empty column to show the result).

If I want to compare Sheet 1 (Column A) list with the Sheet 2, Sheet 3 (Column A everywhere) list, then in Sheet 1 after column A it should insert 2 columns to show the mapping result.

If I want to compare sheet 1 (Column A) list with sheet 2 (Column A) list, then in sheet 1 after column A it should insert 1 column to show the mapping result.

If possible I would also like the same thing If there is Sheet 4 as well (comparing 4 sheets).

And if there is a match then it should display "Matching" else "Not Matching" in all the columns (based on the comparing sheets).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Try this (I tried to annotate the code so it is as easy as possible for you to understand). This will add in a column after column A for every sheet in the workbook except the first sheet. Next it will match your data in column A to each sheet via Vlookup. Lastly it will convert any cells with values to either Matching or Not Matching. This works dynamically for the # of sheets and for the range of data in column A: