VBA to delete lines that add up to zero

• Hi,

I am looking for a vba code which searches a table for items with same reference, adds of the corresponding amounts . if it adds to zero, delete the items from the table. see below example

Ref amount
    a102 50
    b156 25
    a102 -50
    a568 12
    a578 10

So, i will like to search and delete lines 1 and 3 as they add up to zero.

Thank you

• Re: VBA to delete lines that add up to zero

Hi..

Here's another..

You are spoilt for choice, here is a 3rd method

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

For the data provided.

granty,

If you must cross-post please provide a link to the other forum(s) as I have with this link as it will save time for others trying to provide you with a solution (like I have) when you've already received a solution here. So annoying!!

Robert

• Hi I am trying to create a vba code that will search through the amounts in Column I and delete the entire row if any cells add up to 0.

For instance, please see attached, all amounts in Red equal 0 and i would like to delete all the rows, however they are not just negative and positive versions of the same number (20, -20)

Is this possible?

Files

• onsetep .xlsm

(78.55 kB, downloaded 27 times, last: )
  • Welcome to the Forum

Please start your own post. Posting in another member's Thread is known as hijacking and is not allowed here. By all means add a link to a Thread that may be related to your question.

Read the Forum Rules before continuing.

• royUK

Closed the thread.