Validation Drop Down and Transpose Help Required

• Hi,

Please find my requirement.

I have a file (Sample Data) where i have 2 Worksheets Template & Data.

In Data Work Sheet i have Group in A Col. and Tower in B Col. and the parameters for that particular group and tower in the rest of the Columns from C to R

In Template Work Sheet i have the same parameters which are there in Data Work Sheet (C to R Columns [C3 to R41]) but in the vertical order.

I have 2 Drop Down Validation Functions in F4 (Tower) and G4 (Group).

My requirement is that the Validation Drop Downs should work individually. If I select tower from 'F4' based on the parameters E6 to E21 it should pull the details of the particular Tower Selected from Data Work Sheet and parameters (C3 to R41) and display it in the Template.

And for that particular Tower i would like to display the Parameters Group Wise as well and the Groups will be selected throught Drop Down G4.
    Please help me in finding out a solution for this.
    Sample file attached.

Files

• Re: Validation Drop Down and Transpose Help Required

Use VLOOKUP formulas for each of the cells that need data, but note that for the Tower Column you will only get the first instance of each 'Tower', but then you only have one row available for the data.

Files

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

Hi,

Thanks it is working fine for the Group but, In F4 when i select the tower from the drop down it is displaying the first Group details in the Tower.
    But my requirement is that it should sum up all the Groups data parameter wise (Column Wise) and display the summed up data when i select the tower.
    Is that possible, please help me out.

One way would be to use Worksheet_Change event code. I have made the data a proper Excel Table, this not only simplifies the code but will mean that you can add new data or edit existing data without having to change the VLOOKUP formula range for Group.

Files

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.