How can I do a search for numbers that are in rows

• I am trying to figure out how to look for groups of numbers are are in rows that go up and down. Being new to excel I am really at a loss even for the correct terminology but will try my next to explain. I have groups of numbers that will go from 1 to 30 and I am trying to find them and put all the results on a separate page to evaluate. I have to be able to search for up to 20 numbers in these rows. I will try my bext to put them in an excel sheet to show you what I am asking for. I think its a Macro

Thank you for any help you can offer. I am not even sure if this can be a task that can be done

Jim

Here are some snap shots what I want it to look like and so

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63399[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]63400[/ATTACH]

• Re: How can I do a search for numbers that are in rows

Hi JnK,

i have something that may work for you It's been a while so let me find it and I will post the code for you I do not believe it will post answers on the next sheet but it will search for EVEN numbers vertically ONLY so the Macro will need some tweaking I'm away from my desktop but will see if I have it in the cloud and try to get it on here for you

Good Luck!

See if thus will work for you. Can't remember who helped write this but it was another on here. I "think" Holycow" was there name. I had quite a bit help from 3 folks on here The others were Jindon and Kbox. All fantastic programmers

again Good Luck!

I may get dinged by the mods on here fir the VBA code. I tried to put it in ## but I guess it doesn't want to do it from my iPad so my apologies before I get a mark against me. I know the rules and I tried to post the VBA correctly 4 times. It simply won't take from my iPad I guess

finally took

... I "think" Holycow" was there name ...

Hi Larbec
    Nice to see you again, nope it was not done by me.

Lol, so sorry Holycow, guess the code is written badly which if is it your correct it didn't come from you.

Same here. You really helped me out ALOT and much appreciated I was only trying to help

Quote from holycow;733992

lol, quite the opposite, code is a bit advanced for me ;)

ah, may be from Kbox. He is not only a genius with VBA he is quick. Maybe he will chime in or someone that can help him. I have no clue lol

JnK can you please attach example workbook, would-be helpers can't do any testing from image

Quote from holycow;733995

JnK can you please attach example workbook, would-be helpers can't do any testing from image

I placed a spreadsheet in my first post. Is it not what you need holycow? Like that name btw....cute lol I will upload another

Files

Thank you larbec, can you explain how to use this and what to do with it? I think I know you LOL, your name (larbec) rings a bell. If you are from East Texas let me know if your the same guy

MODERATOR NOTE: please don't quote whole posts.

Quote from JnK;734010

Thank you larbec, can you explain how to use this and what to do with it? I think I know you LOL, your name (larbec) rings a bell. If you are from East Texas let me know if your the same guy

MODERATOR NOTE: please don't quote whole posts.

Lol, yes I'm from East Texas. PM if you'd like or if you do know me text me and I'll help where I can. I think I know what your trying to do too. I did some back reading. It was Kbox that did this VBA originally. You may want to contact him. He is busy but he is AMAZING and knows EVERYTHING about VBA and very quick to respond. Great guy.

Godd Luck!

I am not sure how long it takes to get help of responses or I am not having much luck even with Private messages returns so I will move on to another forum and try to get some help. For hose that did respond its much appreciated,. I jusy figured with over 200 views someone would have had an idea. Maybe its just too hard to do what I am asking it to do. Again thank you Holycow and larbec

larbec, I left you a message on your personal email if you can respond. I know this is your busy time of year at the cafe and all so if you can not until after the holidays that's fine. To all Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Kenneth,

man I'm so sorry you didn't get any help on here. They normally respond pretty well and I'm sorry for not getting back with you but you are correct were swamped plus personal things going on. You know me well enough that I don't forget about folks and try to help others when we can. I promise to give you shoot you an email and a recommendation do a board that responds pretty much ASAP I've also placed some thing in your behalf (-: perhaps folks here are just so busy plus the holidays. Send Kjbox a PM and see if he will respond to you before you just give up

take care and ttys

Quick update to help others. Larbec was so kind to do the following Macro for me and its perfect. Muchos Gracious your the best......