Split Single cell Data into Multiple cells

• Hello All,

Please help me get a solution in an excel, I have a column (C), in every cell from C2 onward there are data in the below format:
    [TABLE="width: 341"]

[tr]

[td]

BlackBerry Device Service
    Managing Devices
    Managing Users
    Settings
    Universal Device Service
    Working with Log Files
    Working with Profiles

Now I need to get each line of these cell in different cell in column (E).

Please assist

Regards

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

• Re: Split Single cell Data into Multiple cells

Please advise the result of this formula:

=CODE(MID(C2,26,1))

where C2 contains that exact information you show in the example.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

it gives a result 10, actually I am trying to split the cell data in different cell
    like in the cell (C2) data says

BlackBerry Device Service
    Managing Devices
    Managing Users
    Settings
    Universal Device Service
    Working with Log Files
    Working with Profiles

now I need to get "BlackBerry Device Service" in a differnt cell and same for other

Ok try this in E2:

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE($C2,CHAR(10),REPT(" ",100)),1+(100*(COLUMNS($C2:C2)-1)),100))[/COLOR]

copied across as far as needed, then you can copy down for C3, C4, etc....

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Thanks for your help its working the way it si required, but some of the line gets spilt in different like "Working with Log Files" gets spilt into 2 column, that is "working with" and in other column "Log Files" and also some other.

Since the length of the string in C2 is 136, the choice of 100 is here insufficient.

Replace all instances of this value in the formula given to LEN($C2), which will always be sufficient.

Regards

Good call XOR LX. Thanks.

Thank You all for the wonderful solution, I was able to do perfectly,

could you please assit if I change from columns to Rows will my formula remain same? if I change the formula from COLUMNS to ROWS ?

Please assist

Almost...

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE($C2,CHAR(10),REPT(" ",LEN($C2))),1+(LEN(C$2)*([COLOR="#FF0000"]ROWS[/COLOR](C[COLOR="#FF0000"]$[/COLOR]2:C2)-1)),LEN($C2)))[/COLOR]

Notice the $ is moved from before the C to before the 2 in order to "lock" the row when copying down.