Controlling The Status Bar

• Hi

Is there any way to display the status bar in excel 2010 without showing the controls for zoom - resize etc as shown in the following image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59116[/ATTACH]

In version 2003 I used code such as

Code
    1. Private Sub StatusBarMessage()
    2. With Application
    3. .DisplayStatusBar = True
    4. .StatusBar = " Copyright 20xx abcxxxxxx.co.uk - All Rights Reserved"
    5. End With
    6. End Sub

This used to display a control-less status bar which is what I would still like to show but now it comes with a multitude of controls that I would like to hide.

Many thanks.

• Re: Controlling The Status Bar

Thanks Roy.

I'm developing an application that strictly controls what the user can & cannot do.

For instance the application sets the window size which should not be adjustable.

That's easy enough to achieve with the status bar hidden but when it displays it has a control that lets the user adjust the window size.

I was just hoping to display the status bar as it appeared in version 2003.

I don't think there are any events that will fire when a user changes the zoom size, but you could programatically set it whenever the sheet is activated or deactivated...

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    2. ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
    3. End Sub

I write code to create a window and replace the Excel status bar with window. Text in status bar support unicode! I think it is a good solution.

Download:

Thanks njimack

That's a good idea but its about controlling what the user can and cannot do and I don't want them to be able to change anything I haven't included a control for.

re khanhvn

That code is really interesting - thank you very much. I'm going to try and implement it - is there any way to incorporate any other font?

Thanks again.

I release the new version of custom status in Excel. I Moved code to class module "clsStatus"
    New Feature:
    + Add property "Caption" to change text in status bar
    + Add property "FontBold" to format font is bold
    + Add property "FontItalic" to format font is italic
    + Add property "FontUnderline" to format font is underline
    + Add property "FontSize" to format font size
    + Add property "ForeColor" to format font color
    + Add property "ForeColor" to format font color
    + Add property "Alignment" to Alignment textAlignment[Blocked Image: http://www.atoolspro.com/downloads/statusbar/status.jpg]

Code in module "modStatus"

Code in class module "clsStatus"

Download:
    http://www.atoolspro.com/downl…tatusbar/CustomStatus.xls